Waders/boots
  1. Becoming a WSF Member is Free, you can also sign up using your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account to make life even easier.

Membership has the following benefits:
    - Members gain full access to the whole of the WSF site, including our popular for sale boards.
    - The ability to search through 10 years worth of tackle advice and catch reports.
    - Less adverts.
    - Regular updates on what is happening in the world of sea fishing.

Waders/boots

Discussion in 'Bass Lure useful information.' started by a_bozzy, Apr 8, 2020.

1. a_bozzy

a_bozzy Member

Hi all I'm after a stocking foot wader and boot combo I don't want to spend the earth and I'm fishing mainly rocky areas what would you guys recommend sub £100 cheers

2. sergeï

sergeï Member

hi,
    do you look after a breathable one or not ?
    breathable is quickly damaged on rocky places when you slip/fall but is not like a sauna when the sun shines or have a good walk

i prefer a wetsuit longjohn style with rubber boots and a pair neoprene socks . So you get a lot of freedom when casting . I put a vass smoke on my waist (i roll it first)for the Wind/rain/cold if it happens : it is light,waterproof and breathable . Only when season ends i put neoprene waders on ( when water temperature drops Under 15-16°

with boot attached or separate shoes ?
    i have the 2 : -shoes are good but Don't last long so go for a budget pair each year . NB: when on sand , it can fill with some and become uncomfortable/heavy...
    -boots are very good on sand ( Nothing is going in) and a little heavier to walk , this combination is also cheaper

SAFETY : when on rocks , i prefer shoes => it can happen that you stuck a foot between the stones ! No hurry , unlace it , pull your foot out and get your shoe back => this is not Always possible when wearing boots and may be Dangerous ! it happened me twice :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lewis Anderson

Lewis Anderson Member

Cheap pair of non metal hiking/safety boots (2 sizes larger than your normal size). Ask diver Dave if he has any breathable waders for that price. He seals all the seams (the likeliest place a leak comes from) before sending them out to you.

4. Lewis Anderson

Lewis Anderson Member

You’ll need some good studs for the boots though if on the rocks. Supatracks are the ones id go for. Easy to install with the tool and last forever. Way longer than the boots will. Just take them out when the boots are done and install them into the new boots.

if on the rocks though, remember breathables are not the toughest of material. So need to be careful with them. I’d personally just go for vass 740e waders with studs already in. Carry them in a backpack to the mark and put them on there.