Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07-09/08/09
Oban Area
Weather: sun , rain
Bait: Mackie , Kipper , feathers
Fish Caught: 27 + 1 Mackie for kid

Fri- 07/08/09

Arrived at campsite with kids in tow , after setting up & scoff took them down for a few casts , found a suitable spot just down from campsite , set up 1 rod loaded with kipper , straight away a doggie followed by another .
Setup the kids rod a lumi pink rod , but to unsteady for so i casted out with mackie feathers , 3 on , followed by 2 on , then another 3 .
as it was getting late decided to head back to campsite in the end 5 doggies , 20 mackie
Sat 08/08/09
Woke rain , so what to do took kids in to oban , they bought things at shop ,headed up to fort bill set up , no joy a few mackie bashers about catching the odd 1 , so give it a try cast out a few chucks had 6 mackie , getting a bit croweded so headed just south a bit , casted out while cleaning out car , bang , a thornie no great size but a fish , on chilli ginger mackie.
Sat night headed down to oban harbour greetedby kids jumping in water inbetween people casting , so tried , young laddie caught a mackie , gave up in end , after cars driving around a lot , a bit unsafe for kids

While driving home sun detoured to taynuilt , looked liked a gypo site , spoke to a couple of yakkers , they had a no bad weekend .
thats about it .
But as doug stated in a previous post they moved on , it was some sight to see :g:

Registered
its good to see the kids get in on the ack!!!! my to girls just aint interested.well done:clap3:

Registered
Hey Sultzer,

think I was one of the yakkers in question. You had a shark a tag tshirt on? If that was you was nice meeting and chatting to you.
We had a great couple of nights camping and fishing right up the north east end of the loch. Can't wait for my next paddle up that way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Sultzer,

think I was one of the yakkers in question. You had a shark a tag tshirt on? If that was you was nice meeting and chatting to you.
We had a great couple of nights camping and fishing right up the north east end of the loch. Can't wait for my next paddle up that way.
yip it was , thought i reconsigned the face from somewhere hopefully you'll get your thornie next time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.