World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a 5 Bearded Rockling still on Rhyses and my target list, we had a trip to the Arches tonight with Grandad as chauffer as im still off the road.

We arrived about 2 hours before low, and fished on the stones straight in front of the Arches.

All was quiet for the first cast, but I missed a good bite on my second cast and Rhyses rod was pulling a bit but it was probably crab activity registering on his braid.

We followed the tide down, and Rhys was first to catch, about half an hour before low. A small 5 Bearded Rockling.

Terry was next in with one a little bigger.

Finally, I caught one to spare my blushes.

I tried to show as many of the beards as I could in the photos as I know some people have issues finding them!

We missed a bite or two more before we headed home for Stella and medals!

Not the greatest session but target accomplished so Happy Days!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Well done mission accomplished ;)

Reactions: Headwyn

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Thats the beauty of species hunting, you can have a poor session and yet be happy with a tiny fish.

I thought wed have caught a few each to be honest but Rhys was happy enough and we can move on to the next target now.

Thats all 3 Rocklings ticked off for me and i should be back on the road in a couple of weeks after having my car written off so ive got to look on the bright side!

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Well done with mission accomplished, there's nothing wrong in the small stuff they seem to make a glum day worth while :)

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Great result there. Must be very satisfying to have that level of knowledge about when and where a certain species will turn up. Well done fella :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.