World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi..trip 10 was a quick trip out for macky on thursday...blanked

trip 11 was slightly more sucessfull,but only just,..i decided to have a troll along the cliffs towards brighton early this morning..great weather,and calm seas...but alas the bass did not want to play ball..so after spending 3 hours trolling i decided to go macky bashing instead ..and found forum buddy brian jb61 who was out fishing two....i gave it 15 minutes and landed 9 macky..cool..so i headed back to my berth only to get get stopped by the fishery patrol boat,,who wanted to know what i caught....told them only macky..how embarassing..but all legal...and gave me the form..cheers andy

·
Registered
842 Posts
hi..trip 10 was a quick trip out for macky on thursday...blanked

trip 11 was slightly more sucessfull,but only just,..i decided to have a troll along the cliffs towards brighton early this morning..great weather,and calm seas...but alas the bass did not want to play ball..so after spending 3 hours trolling i decided to go macky bashing instead ..and found forum buddy brian jb61 who was out fishing two....i gave it 15 minutes and landed 9 macky..cool..so i headed back to my berth only to get get stopped by the fishery patrol boat,,who wanted to know what i caught....told them only mackty..how embarassing..but all legal...and gave me the form..cheers andy

Obvious the fisheries protection do'nt view this forum,otherwise they would have known that Andy do'nt catch anything!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi... thanks for the vote of confidence....i will catch one day!!!....any body got a fish measure ?...what a strange thing to happen ...but its good to know they are doing there job...andy

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a fish measure from the Tackle Box in the marina.

So another day of advice ignored and no Bass.:doh:

Lilbrit managed a couple of Bass on livebait on his visit,why can`t you??
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125211&page=13

Alan
hi..i knew you waiting to say that ..i know i know but i wanted to have a go with me plugs...why is that so wrong?...i only had a few hours to myself ,i got it wrong last week and missed the weather,,did not go down to well .so i went out today a bit of boat handling practice and confidence building...so was it wasted?..im out again this week so i will try something then... i did not ignore your advice .i just moved it to another day....alan im knackered after friday..my wrist and arms ache so it was a blessing i only got macky...

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Glad you got out and had a go Andy!Welldone! Shame about those naughty men jumping on poor Nemo and rifling through all her nooks and crannys/trannies??? Least there doing there job.

·
Registered
697 Posts
After speaking to Andy just outside the harbour I headed off for a leisurely day at anchor. I have to say it turned out to be a pleasant day out, nothing spectacular but I enjoyed it. I had loads of doggies, one small codling and I lost count of the bream I had. They ended up providing some good sport when the tide slackened and I was able to step my tackle right down to a 10ft spinning rod and a little weight. Brian

15,082 Posts
After speaking to Andy just outside the harbour I headed off for a leisurely day at anchor. I have to say it turned out to be a pleasant day out, nothing spectacular but I enjoyed it. I had loads of doggies, one small codling and I lost count of the bream I had. They ended up providing some good sport when the tide slackened and I was able to step my tackle right down to a 10ft spinning rod and a little weight. Brian
Seems you will soon be Andys new teacher now then.Good to see you had a nice day out.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Nice one Brian :thumbs:

Funny how everyone is catching fish except Andy !!!

I wonder why ??:g:

Alan

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

Alan
Does he remember to use a hook?

G

·

Alan
Actually I didn't do very well Saturday if you remember.. Well not for 7 hours afloat..

Spoke to a couple of people yesterday at our club bbq and now know where I went wrong.

I was in the wrong place because of the amount of weed so I have learned something and will try out a different mark if the weed is still there next time out. :)

Malcolm.

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Alan
hi ..at least brian does not shout at me... nice one mate..you said there were some bream around....and your advice about finding a new teacher!!!..

·
Registered
856 Posts
At least you got out Andy. Sometimes it nice to just be on the water. Still, better luck next time.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I found Sunday to be an odd sort of day with every sort of fish seeming to want to have a go, caught scad three at a time when I've only ever caught odd ones in a session, also caught big pouting rigt up high in the water on mackerel feathers, again three and four at a time.

Looks like getting out there early is a good plan, maybe if the to$$ers who motor all over the wrecks flat out don't appear an evening session could be productive.

Going top have a go a bit further west next time, maybe Swanage/Poole area if anybody else is out and about down that way?

Give the livebaits a try Andy, don't worry about trying to find piddly little mackerel as those Bass are real gut buckets! I had to "fillet and release" mine as they had swallowed the hook, got to admit they were always going to be on the menu once I'd got a couple :) One of the bass had a small flatfish in its stomack when I gutted it so they might be worth a try. I wonder if they pick them up when they've been discarded by the trawlers? There is a theory that they take mackerel head and guts quite freely due to picking up the stuff chucked over the side of fishibg boats. Next time out I'm going to try anchoring uptide of the wreck and doing a bit of groundbaiting with chopped mackerel pieces out of a bait dropper to see if that pulls the bass in. Just an idea that may be worth trying?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Next time out I'm going to try anchoring uptide of the wreck and doing a bit of groundbaiting with chopped mackerel pieces out of a bait dropper to see if that pulls the bass in. Just an idea that may be worth trying?
And a good way of getting a Tope to bite off your livebait.

Alan

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I found Sunday to be an odd sort of day with every sort of fish seeming to want to have a go, caught scad three at a time when I've only ever caught odd ones in a session, also caught big pouting rigt up high in the water on mackerel feathers, again three and four at a time.

Looks like getting out there early is a good plan, maybe if the to$$ers who motor all over the wrecks flat out don't appear an evening session could be productive.

Going top have a go a bit further west next time, maybe Swanage/Poole area if anybody else is out and about down that way?

Give the livebaits a try Andy, don't worry about trying to find piddly little mackerel as those Bass are real gut buckets! I had to "fillet and release" mine as they had swallowed the hook, got to admit they were always going to be on the menu once I'd got a couple :) One of the bass had a small flatfish in its stomack when I gutted it so they might be worth a try. I wonder if they pick them up when they've been discarded by the trawlers? There is a theory that they take mackerel head and guts quite freely due to picking up the stuff chucked over the side of fishibg boats. Next time out I'm going to try anchoring uptide of the wreck and doing a bit of groundbaiting with chopped mackerel pieces out of a bait dropper to see if that pulls the bass in. Just an idea that may be worth trying?

Erhh you forgot to mention one that you caught earlier in the week Paul --- how can you possibly forget that Sprat? (snigger) :bleh:

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi... one day i will surprise you lot out there and do something right...a fish will eventually hook itself on my tackle.. and all you doubters and knockers will have egg on your face...i know the time is coming...livebaits it is then or 2 tails or shads or maybe i will use me plugs..see how confused i am..

andy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts