World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first couple of nights fished Puldu cove, weed weed and more weed on the beach but after a quick text to vaughan, i was on the rocks on the right hand side. What a mark !!!! looked perfect, crab, lug and sandeel were thrown in for 5 hrs, not even a bite !!!!! second night the same. The following morning the wife and myself walked to the marconi centre, where to my amesment, jonny ****face in a small boat going from one side to the other, throwning a net out, saw no bouys to mark it !!!!
That night went to Kannack sands on the other side, got there and no weed, crab, lug and sandeel went out again. No surf at all so was hopin for some ray, when this little bugger poped up

only small but a fish at last, then nothing for the next 4 hrs :cry::cry:

Off to sennen, first night fished "the beach next to sennen" first cast, weed weed and more weed, back to camp for more cornish rattler
Second day, walked around onto the rocks, found a good flat rock so started spinning, out went feathers, bass bandits, red gill, jellys and sandeel in came "%^&all :cry::cry: also a wave crept up and drenched me and phone !!!!!

That night walked around to the rocks again, sat above looking for alest 1 hr, looked doggy but fishable off i went to the flat rock again 6 hrs fished for one pollock !!!! :cry::cry::cry:
Next night more rattlers

Off to Padstow, fished Mother iveys bay 2 nights 1 small bass, Yesterday went off the lighthouse on the head floating and spinin, a couple of makkies, then, big wave and wet again, then, sammy the seal poped up !!! feed him the fish then home.

All in all some poor fishing, gave it me best shot, many hrs on beach but the fish just werent there. Def back again sept or oct for Mother iveys, looks so good with taht steep beach.

sorry mart and pete would text but phone buggered and thanks Vaughan for the marks.

billynofishatallbutgoodciderbassman............

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
nice report leigh.unlucky on the soakings..lol...is rattlers a cider?.cornish cider???..next thing they`ll be copying the pasty..:lmao::lmao::lmao:

ps..whilst you were away everyones been scrumping fish from your local haunt...lol.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Don't know whats going wrong down there, poldhu and kennack i've fished before and are both good marks. Can't fault you for the effort Leigh but like wilky says the Ho has been fishing its arse off:lmao:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Off out tomorrow on the lug and crab hunt, i feel a few sessions on the beach soon.

Leigh

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
sory m8 i thought it was this weekend we were meeting up lol. Anytime you fancy popping down, just give me a shout and we'll go for a bass or 2 m8
mart

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Off out tomorrow on the lug and crab hunt, i feel a few sessions on the beach soon.

Leigh

too right..the bass and ray are getting a small reprieve for now,the tide times have been crap for em,but things are looking up.plenty of lug this side of the river,and theres no need telling you were to get crab from:1a:..lol...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
leigh,now you know what we have been enjoying lately,things are getting better,but about 2 months behind see you soon.
pete

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've had a terrible year for bass, very few about and anything caught is small. Cornish bass are overfished in my opinion, every pub and beach cafe are turning posh and advertising 'line caught' bass on the menu, trouble is very few are actually line caught and there is only so many in the sea. I've seen more commercials targeting bass close in this year than ever before.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nice one leigh, some awesome smoothy action up here while you were way, 11 3 and 10lb both cam out last weekend.

no decisions on this weekend yet, so drop us a line.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Unlucky mate, amazed you didn't get anything down Poldhu it has always been a good Mark for me at this time of year!

You were unlucky with Sennen as we have been having quite a few schoolies down there recently with the odd bigger one thrown in, but it is a nightmare there when the weed comes in!

I did try and call you a couple of times in the week as we were out and about plugging and had a couple of good sessions with bass, pollack and wrasse going crazy for our lures :yeah:

Hopefully you will have a good few sessions on the smuts now you are back in enemy terriotory:ph34r:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts