World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking for a new shore spinning rod for fishing on the azores. Almost all the time I am using slim minnows like the seaspin mommotti 190(34g) and 180(26g). I like to retrive them with normal speed and some twitches and sometimes short stops. Sometimes I use some more compact minnows like the daiwa d'minnow (31g) which I retrive fast with some twitches.
Since the action of my shore jigging rod is to slow to fish these minnows perfectly I would love a rod that fills the gap and that can animate and cast these lures pefectly. The species I usally catch are bluefish and barracudas of an average of 50-70 cm but much bigger ones up to a meter of both species are allways possible. Is there a rod I can play the average fish with and that has enough backbone for a trophy bluefish or wash the fish up on the rocks with a wave.
Because I am fishing 99% of my time from the rocks the rod should be 10feet or a bit longer so I can keep the lures longer in the water from higher positions. At the moment I am looking at the yamaga blanks early+ 102mh and the yamaga blanks early 103m. What are youre opinions about these rods? Have heard that the rings of the reel seat getting loose while fishing
Price range is actually up to 250£ but no problem if you post something more expensive.
Regards,
Paul

· Registered
18,241 Posts
I have a Yamaga Blanks Early 100 mr
Which is 10 foot and a wonderful Rod. casting ability & bite detection are super.
Definitely worth the money you won’t be disappointed. Iv never had any issues nor have I heard of any issues with reel seats or guides.
I have used mine extensively over the last 3 to 4 years in Norway & the U.K. to great success

· Registered
3,591 Posts
10 ft 56 gm nebula wont break the bank , used mine a lot this year , comfortable for all day fishing topwaters at range too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.