World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange - that is 2 days on the trot I have apparently been the 100 000th visitor to the site and guess what? - I have won the chance of a prize ! I sat there yesterday and actually believed it and followed the links to claim my prize which took some considerable time, and now I am being bombarded with texts. Not going to make that same mistake again today.

I realise that sponsorship keeps the site going and free for us to use, but would have hoped that WSF would be above all this spam nonsense.

Anybody else been the 100 000th visitor today?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quite possibly, knowing how much my kids enjoy trying to trash my home computer but the page did pop up in WSF colours in between pages....oh and it was 2 different computers so both computers would have had to have a similar infection

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
As I have said a few times, WSF does not control the adverts that show via the Google network, in addition to that Google generally would not allow an advertisement like that to show on the network.

What is the address that the advertisement takes you to? If you could let me know I can forward this onto Google and they can block it, as the advertisement breaks their advertiser rules anyway - it is clearly one that slipped their own measures for checking advertisements.

The only advertisements we sell or control directly is the 468 banner above the fold that currently has Gemini Tackle residing there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was just reading your thread.Guess what, the message has just appeared on my screen!!!!!!!!.
Obviously I did not follow the link !!!!!!.
Must be arriving via wsf.
Over to you Mike!!!!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that reassurance Mike - glad to hear it. It hasnt happened again for me, yet, so it will be down to general member diligence to pick up that originating address

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Strange - that is 2 days on the trot I have apparently been the 100 000th visitor to the site and guess what? - I have won the chance of a prize ! I sat there yesterday and actually believed it and followed the links to claim my prize which took some considerable time, and now I am being bombarded with texts. Not going to make that same mistake again today.

I realise that sponsorship keeps the site going and free for us to use, but would have hoped that WSF would be above all this spam nonsense.

Anybody else been the 100 000th visitor today?

If you send me £1000 I'll stop the texts for you :laugh:.

Seriously though I had the same message a month or so ago, as usual with those things I stayed well clear of it :nono:.

At least it didn't cost you anything so look at it as a valuable lesson learned :thumbs:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.