World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the weather was just good enough to warrant fishing the 10th for rays last night. i'm glad i had the buddy with me to keep the cold NE wind off. the first hour or so didn't give anyone any fish, the bait wasn't even being touched. everyone else went home to get a early night as there were no fish. about an hour before the high water i had my first dog then the fish kept coming for 1 1/2 hours (over the top of the tide). the final tally was 3 dogs and a 6lb ray (i'm also sure that i lost a ray on the way in too), then it went dead.

it wasn't a comfortable night but well worth the effort. i'll be back there in a couple of weeks when the tides are right again.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done mate good to see there still coming out i no of anouther 3 that came out on friday 2, bring on the smutts i say

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the weather was just good enough to warrant fishing the 10th for rays last night. i'm glad i had the buddy with me to keep the cold NE wind off. the first hour or so didn't give anyone any fish, the bait wasn't even being touched. everyone else went home to get a early night as there were no fish. about an hour before the high water i had my first dog then the fish kept coming for 1 1/2 hours (over the top of the tide). the final tally was 3 dogs and a 6lb ray (i'm also sure that i lost a ray on the way in too), then it went dead.

it wasn't a comfortable night but well worth the effort. i'll be back there in a couple of weeks when the tides are right again.
Nice one, good to see some nice fish coming in

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a bloke handlined up a 10lb roker on 4th shelter of deal pier on sunday. he had no idea what he had caught or what a specimen it was.

it was a bugger trying to get it back in that big surf. i had to go into my knees, throw the roker in on its back as far as pos, and run like hell before the next wave took me in. but it did swim away after the second attempt, and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice One Big Guy,,,,,good On The Ray

M

·
0 Posts
Well done on the ray..

We decided against fishing down that way because of the wind but it wasn't much better under the cliff at Ramsgate.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was nasty, you cast out about 100yrds and the lead came back 50yrds. lol. the surf was up to 8ft and the swells were big. all you could do was use the surf to wash the fish up and hope you had a good hook hold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts