World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to have a session at oxwich yesterday. I let a friend use a spare rod of mine and another friend used his own rod. Simple maths...one stand, 3 rods. Now how far away do you think you'd notice 3 people and 3 rods all pointing towards the water? 100 meters if your blind? Think again.

I lost count of how many people almost walked straight into the first line.. then were actually suprised when they came across another 2. "That's dangerous!" ...im sorry...but you're dangerous to society if your that stupid!!! A couple walked past right along the surf with a dog...stepped over and under our lines (why not go around) and left the dog try to get past on its own, leading to the dog getting caught up in line without them even noticing...or caring. The attitude I recieved off some people was stinking to say the least...but a handful did greet us with the typical "caught anything ?"and wished us good luck.

Then we had to contend with the twinks on the jetskis coming within 30 foot of us into the shallow surf....was there no fishermen on the church rocks for them to abuse that day? I hoped they would collide with each other or hit a submerged rock but neither happened. I also wondered which vehicle they'd be using to tow them out with afterwards...

Finally things seemed to calm down and there was a little but more surf so I changed from using sandeel and a long flowing trace to using a bunch of white rag on a size 4 hook pulley rig and plopped it out 20-30 foot. Within seconds i had a bite and pulled in my first bass. Only a schoolie but still..I was happy. After unhooking him and re-baiting it was only a few seconds before I pulled in another..this time a tiny bit bigger. My friend managed to get one and I lost another in the surf, then it all went quiet and we run out of bait so made our way back home.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice lil session there m8, just a shame about the idiots. Still....couldve been worse....there couldve been (whispers) surfers there too :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts