World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally managed to get an allnighter in down chesil midweek ,due to a change of plans Mr trout couldnt go so headed down on my own straight from work after collecting bait from my friendly tackle shop, it was fairly quiet down there but set up well away from any one else about 6.30 ish , wind was sw light breeze ,sea state ruffled ..fished worm baits at long range to start with , whilst having a quick go with feathers in an effort to stock up the freezer with makeral again,things were pretty quiet for a while , finally picked up one makeral close in on feathers , as darkness fell i had high hopes things would pick up.2nd fish was a scad which took a worm bait on the way in ,then i brought in a surprise dab ( in photo looks like a dodgy flounder , but i swear it was a dab ! ) , that was it for the next few hours i tried everthing but it seemed dead bar hungry crabs , i lost a few hooks too..in the early hours it started drizzling for about an hour and i got a couple of 20 minute naps between casts.lol....finally around 2 a.m ish a knock produced a doggie , half an hour later a much bgger take produced another doggie around 3lb , follwed by an commom eel and another doggie..by now it was near 4 a,m..whilst looking for my knife i heard a noise behind me but didnt react at first , i turned round to see my zziplex on the deck , i rushed over wound up the slack and pulled into a fish felt better this time and i pulled in a smoothound approx 4-5lb...with first light approaching I put in a concerted effort putting a bass rod in dead close , between 5 and 5.30 i had 3 takes on this but only hooked one which turned out to be a chunky makeral of about a lb , also pulled in another eel on worm bait this one a bit bigger , as i had to be at work for 8.30 i started packin gear up but kept at least one rod out at distance in the hope of a plaice maybe ? , finally at 6.30 pulled rod in and hooked into somthing not big but felt sizable expecting to see a flattie come in , was quite surprised when a bass appeared out of the surf! ,overall didnt manage anything oustanding but was still an enjoyable session and had managed 7 different species.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well done Paul, sounds like a good session in the end. Yes can see that's definitely a dab due to the very curved lateral line. Haven't managed one this year yet. Might be out Sunday if you're interested.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Great session there matey, good fishing! Gotta agree withnyou both, deffo' a Dab.

Well done again

Andy :thumbs:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Great session Paul and a shame i couldnt go.Hope to get out with you soon.Like everybody its defo a dab.

All the best
Chris

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cracking session there mate! Fair play on getting 7 species in one session too! :thumbs:
What stretch of Chesil was this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Happy days. Great session.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts