World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's how far I drove around the Kent coast today hoping to find a spot comfortable enough to fish. The result was abject failure, half a tank of petrol gone, got cold, got wet. The only plus side was some of the quiet back roads were a touch slippery and great fun to drive :D

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Did you see the Top Gear Toyota Hillux? Set fire to it. Drowned it (sea), dropped it etc.. and it kept going.
They are hard to kill, mine has crossed rivers putting water over the bonnet and been around Aus several times. Love the grunt from the turbo diesel. Owned it 15 years, done over 250000k and only ever replaced tyres and brake pads. It makes a great fishing wagon.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
John I have had 2X 4.2 Diesel 1x 4.5 Petrol 1 x 4.7 v8 loved them all, had to get rid of the 4.7 a few years ago when the big fuel price hiked up, painful to fill and watch the needle go down.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes but mine can go through deep river crossings, drive on sand, climb mountains and tow 3 tons. It can also do this with 8 passengers in 45'c +heat with the aircon on for 1200 km between fuel stops.

Toyota Land Cruiser, a real 4x4!!!!
If it's good enough for those dear departed driving gods Colin McRae and Richard Burns it's good enough for me! It may not be an offroader but Colin McRae's old maxim solves most issues "If in doubt, flat out";)

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
My family back in the midlands were farmers and owned land rovers, it put me off the amount of work they seemed to always need and how agricultural the ride was.

My wife this side of the pond are big fans of subura with her father and brother owning the xv models, which are great cars but look extremely complex under the hood.

Mine is the smaller land cruiser prado 3 lt diesel so quite cheap to run but for running about we just use a little Toyota (don't even remember it's name)!!!

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
My family back in the midlands were farmers and owned land rovers, it put me off the amount of work they seemed to always need and how agricultural the ride was.

My wife this side of the pond are big fans of subura with her father and brother owning the xv models, which are great cars but look extremely complex under the hood.

Mine is the smaller land cruiser prado 3 lt diesel so quite cheap to run but for running about we just use a little Toyota (don't even remember it's name)!!!
Maybe it's name is Shirley :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.