World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With dave 500 being such a nice genetleman and dropping my tackle box off to me (nice one!!), me and a friend thought we'd go back to rhossili so I could get my self the GGs that were nibbling at my bait last time and maybe some flatties or even bass. Picked up some maddies from mainwarings and left for the beach.

It was very calm when we arrived so I decided I'd be best going for flat fish.Got onto the beach and set up, threw some bait out and about after an hour or so being there I had a knock which resulted in a respectable mullet. Mission accomplished. I was using a wishbone rig which I was hoping would bring in some flatties with all the attracting beads whilst my mate used a 2 hook flapper for the GGs. I was suprised the mullet took my bait...thought maybe the beads would have scared them off. Anyway he was put back in and I re-baited. We were getting little plucks on the tip of your rods every so often, but it was quiet for at least an hour after. Then as it was getting dark my friends tip nodded twice and bagged him self a nice flounder which went home for dinner. We weren't expecting to stay as late as we did so ended up having to bait up in the dark without a torch, but luckily had almost used all of the bait up.

There was a group of guys further down the beach to our left...not sure if it's anyone on here? Also could see lights on worms head and off the ledges. Must have been a lovely night out..very clear sky.

Tight lines

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
well done for beating the blank and for the member who handed your tackle box back

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
well done. with all those surfers around, a couple of beads ain't going to scare the mullet lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts