World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im looking for a sub £35 cheap drill/driver that i can charge via usb or ciggy socket to keep onboard any options ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi im looking for a sub £35 cheap drill/driver that i can charge via usb or ciggy socket to keep onboard any options ?
[/QUOTE
get one and just fit a lead with clips to go straight onto boat battery. You don’t need to buy one with a battery thats the expensive part

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
what do you mean just solder two wires on pos and neg ?
Exactly that, or croc clip pos and neg, or spade connectors. And a brilliant idea.

Wrt cheap drills- I am yet to find one with torque I agree/ can cope with without spending the earth.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its really only for undoing brass screws holding the covers over the back of dash in place

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
its really only for undoing brass screws holding the covers over the back of dash in place
Seriously? You lazy git. Get a screwdriver. How about this one?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously? You lazy git. Get a screwdriver. How about this one?

Can never find the one im looking for there all left handed

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
The problem with a USB drill is that the maximum voltage will only be 5v and you won't get much torque maybe 4Nm

Better off with Jude's solution of using a 12v drill and wiring to a battery using Croc Clips

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
I want to know who built his boat for him cos he's obviously got a loafer streak. Mind you his lad now must be in the rebellious stage so that avenue of cheap labour for Haribo's has past. Just needs something to tide him over until an interest in girls comes. That's when he'll have a strangle hold again.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
The problem with a USB drill is that the maximum voltage will only be 5v and you won't get much torque maybe 4Nm

Better off with Jude's solution of using a 12v drill and wiring to a battery using Croc Clips
Id love to take credit for that Steve, bit it was @A exall who suggested it. And its a brilliant idea given i have an old drill i dont use due to needing replacement batteries and a new one was cheaper!

Reactions: cornishfisherman

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
FFS Ballbag how's our Cornish yokel ever going to figure that one out. Post up a clicky link.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Didn't think that was allowed?
Not for rival sites or for personal advertising etc. But for information purposes yes its okay.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Oh no! Get well soon. I had my first heart attack on the boat. Damn things always try to kill you off. Bit like ex wives.

Reactions: Lady Half Pint

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Swine. 😂

Had accident in boat on sunday eve and im really not well now :-(
Sorry to hear that Tim, get well soon. Shame you did all that work and dun yourself in as soon as she is good to go though.
Take care of yourself. X

1 - 20 of 20 Posts