World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i tried loch sunart on the 14th -15th of april never shore fished there before,only boats out of laga bay,

i spent most of saturday looking for the stone house couldnt find it. (note to self ask members on shore marks i.e where they are)

found a rocky out crop 3 miles from laga where i could PARK a car, fished there with maccie and squid one doggie,small no camera.

decided to continue my hunt for stone house,but gave up at 6pm,returned to hotel,sorry for not being a hardie angler and slumping it,with a tent,like my comforts :)

asked barman at ben view, where i should fish AND HE SAID try the STONE HOUSE,aaaaaaaaaagh.

i found it on the sunday,fished it from 10am - 5pm nothing not even a bite,it was great weather on sateruday but sunday was a mix of squalls and wind.

i blanked that day,but will return and catch fish from there later in the year,

maybe i should try using hooks you never know might work.:) :)

off to fort william in may so should be ok

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
the mark you were fishing at sunart fishes crap during the day , it does however fish well after darkness falls, the main fish being caught are doggies , with the odd ray etc .

if fishing the west coast you should try some of the marks at etive .

even though your trip was not fruitfull its still good to get out and the scenery there is second to none .

im sure you will have better luck next time

al

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
you could always try laga bay its a bit further round but a bit more chance of something else but dogs

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i will go for etive next time just load up with tent and stuff and fish there a few days.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If it's any consolation I spent the whole day dinghy fishing in Sunart on Saturday and it was almost as crap as the shore - a few doggies, tiny whiting and the smallest gurnard I've ever caught. I did hit a small pack of spurries right at the very end of my day, but nothing above 5lbs. Probably my worst day's fishing there (although the weather was beautiful which is always a big plus).

By the way, am I right in thinking that the stone house is on the south bank near the Laudale Narrows?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's any consolation I spent the whole day dinghy fishing in Sunart on Saturday and it was almost as crap as the shore - a few doggies, tiny whiting and the smallest gurnard I've ever caught. I did hit a small pack of spurries right at the very end of my day, but nothing above 5lbs. Probably my worst day's fishing there (although the weather was beautiful which is always a big plus).

By the way, am I right in thinking that the stone house is on the south bank near the Laudale Narrows?
yip thats where i found it,just short of the laudale estate entrance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts