World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
With the Weather Gods taking it easy for Sunday with only a light N/E breeze forecast we decided to have another crack at the Huss & Rays.
So just after 9.00pm me, Tony & Shane were heading onto the pier.
Peg claimed, gear, bait & brew sorted we waited for the 1st of the flood tide to start moving.
Although we are all using 5/0 pulley rigs Tony & Shane both put worm baits out to start but i go straight on the fish baits.
Within 15 minutes Shane has a slack liner & soon has the 1st fish of the night on the boards
20181015_001443.jpg

Caught on half a lugworm of all things
:veryconfused::veryconfused::veryconfused: Git!
After signs of interest on our rods Tony & myself both got on the scorecard with a Whiting apiece.
Fresh baits were launched- fish for me & worm for Tony & Shane.
Within a few minutes one of my rods nods then drops back as a fish breaks my weight free.
Thornie number 2 of the night is the culprit
20181015_004337.jpg

God knows what Tony's been smoking or drinking :eek::eek::eek:
20181015_004347.jpg

After a promising start it then went dead for an hour or so before picking up again mid flood
20181015_005816.jpg

20181015_010753.jpg

20181015_015920.jpg

20181015_025629.jpg

20181015_014133.jpg

20181015_023735.jpg
Don't worry the claret on the that one's mine- got meself spiked:oops::oops:
We sacked it at high water (3.30am).
Final tally's
Tony- 4 Whiting, 3 Doggies & a Thornie.
Shane- a Whiting, 2 Doggies & 4 Thornies.
Me- 2 Whiting, 7 Doggies & 3 Thornies.
Bragging rights are just about mine this week.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John,
There's still a good few Thornies about yet so always chance of one or two.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well done, another good write up and pictures. We never got to fish this weekend because of a few reasons. By all accounts we missed a great days fishing yesterday. I have seen reports of fish from the pier to Fleetwood. Thornback's are still here, seen a photo of a 12 lb Huss caught from the pier, someone fishing a match on the wall caught 30 fish and came second. Let's hope 5his weekend is as good.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Southshore,
Some cracking fish about at the mo, the hard bit's trying to be in the right place with the right bait at the right time.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well done Rick. You put the time in to these sessions you definitely deserve the fish pal. Nice one man
Cheers Jay,
The only downer was i had work a few hours after getting home (i was absolutely cream crackered :notworthy::notworthy:) but was well worth it & as they say mate "you've gotta be in it to win it" & if that means missing a nights kip so be it.
Strangely the day tides on the pier this last few weeks have fished as well as & on some tides better than the night sesh's though with the wind & weather being so changeable its more a case of being in the right place at the right time.
Just waiting now to see what the Weather Gods have planned for this weekend.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts