World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14/4 07 15/4/07

Went out with Dave on Highlander on Saturday, “got a good mark to fish” so off he went, travelled about an hour and a half, and set the hook in 42 feet, as the tide was just about to start ebbing. The wind was fairly light from the North and we sat comfortably but the bite was slow, although we had a few thornbacks but they were on the small side and we returned them. As the tide built the fish got scarcer so after a pow-wow we moved up into shallower water and immediately were into fish, smoothounds and Roker, topped by a Bass of about 3 lbs,
We only kept the bigger Skate, and must have returned upwards of twenty feisty males. The smoothies were small bar one a female going 12lbs but ready to drop young so we carefully removed the hook and let her go.

On Sunday Steve and I went out on Edge of time, and were making our way to Saturdays area enjoying the smooth sea and sunshine

when wallop we were "got"

by Highlander on his way again "out there"

But alas and alack no matter how quick or slow you go you have to be up early in the morning to get to fish when Ron Roker is about, reckon he had been there all night. We managed a few fish but it was nowhere near as good as the previose day, next week we have a plan but!!!! walls have ears and "Rons" have very large ones

as you can see we are keeping faith with F.A.R.T.

for the purist's the close quarter stuff was requested in order to get the photo's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
who's that fine figure of a man on the rear sb side of the wheel house in the 4th picture - oh yeah, it's me:crazy:

great day out

ATB
Billy

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha Ha....so you have a plan?.......My plan this week is to ''Thwart''your plan!...Well done on the first larger smoothy OIve heard of this year by the way!

Roker Ron
My plan is to spend the weekend in the slings at Mayland, to anti foul, re anode, straighten props, polish topsides, renew gatevalves, and be back in the water on Monday, What do you say to that??

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
My plan is to spend the weekend in the slings at Mayland, to anti foul, re anode, straighten props, polish topsides, renew gatevalves, and be back in the water on Monday, What do you say to that??
Good Luck :D

Nice catch and report.....

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Thwart that one Ron :clap: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
325 Posts
You have some nice photo's there, One is a little scary though who is the ugly bloke with the pink baseball cap on.........LOL.

:clap3: :clap3: Cloud9........

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well the next time I'm invited out clubbing, I'm definitely gonna check the details first, I was ok with this last time but the Roker was none too pleased:unsure:

ATB
Billy

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where you today? we got her out and found a couple of other jobs to do for you, like replacing exhaust pipe, the old one was collapsed felt like sticking your hand up a cows bum. changed the props ( now running the reserves) the first division ones are a bit like West Ham and will require "breathing on" the antifouling still awaits you but you will have to hurry or we will do it ourselves, and that may make you feel guilty. the topsides are already polished, oh yes and the gatevalve has to be done yet, so don't hang about, we know that the weather is going to be unfit, no excuses accepted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts