World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
myself and a few of the lads who live locally planned to brave the elements and fish oxwich beach armed with king rag, crab and mackerel. High tide was just after 10pm, we arrived at around 7:45pm and line was in the water by 8pm.

All of us fished 2 rods, one set up with a 2 hook flapper baited with rag and crab and the other with a pulley rig baited with crab. However, wind was making the venue totally un-fishable - bringing in a load of weed and causing waves to reach a minimum of 7ft. It also made casting a problem (not even a 6oz grip weight would hold) and bite detection was almost impossible.

By 9pm though we had had enough of this so packed up and headed to west cross to fish the slip way with one rod each. A similar story was to be had here, it wasn't as rough but still a bit too rough for our liking, and yet again after an hour or so we packed up and decided to fish west pier opposite the ferry terminal again only with one rod.

I set up a fixed paternoster baited with a small fillet of mackerel and even though it was alot calmer here bite detection was still a bit hard. But after 40 minutes i noticed my rod seemed to be bouncing a bit and when i lifted it i felt a bite and managed to land this little fella weighing 2lb which i did take home for my dinner today :bb: . nice way to beat the blank but all in all a really poor night.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
you must have been bonkers to fish last nite lol in saying that not a bad bass from pier considering pier been they poor recently:clap3::clap3::clap3: i applaued your enthusiasm

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I am supposed to be launching at Oxwich in the morning as safety boat for the Kayak Comp, with 7ft waves who is going to be safety boat for me?
How can I check the current wave height at Oxwich? I know there is a Gower Wave Site somewhere I will Google that, I aint leaving home with 7ft waves to launch through!:nonono:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good stamina mate and great report, better weather forecasted for this weekend so hopefully will be a bit easier:clap3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts