World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Some years ago I bought the 9'6" Skyroad 15 - 42 gram rod after Mark 333 had been telling us how good the Skyroad rods were. I went for the heavier version as a lot of my fishing is from the boat where I prefer the heavier lures. Turned out to be a great rod & if it were to break tomorrow, I've had my moneys worth ( thank you Mark ) I now want to get something similar for my son but the Skyroad in that version has been discontinued. Can anyone recommend a similar rod in length & casting weight please.
Thanks in advance Dave.

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Is the difference between the Seabass model and the EU custom is just that the EU one is customed for Uk bass fishing?
When the new Tripple Cross range came into the UK via Tacklewave we tested it and it is a range now sold within its own right, but to myself it has more of a Japanese feel to its action, as quoted being a regular fast action. It is slightly 'softer' in the tip and slightly 'slower' on recovery.

This is where we went back to Major Craft asking for another model with a faster action and thus the EU model was born. The EU model is stated as having a regular fast action as well, but I would put it as having a faster action than the standard Seabass model. It is definitely noticeable if you've fished both models, the recovery on the EU model suits how I enjoy my fishing without having to have several rods to do different things.

The M models in both are classed as having a regular action, but as above the EU model is slightly faster on recovery.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When the new Tripple Cross range came into the UK via Tacklewave we tested it and it is a range now sold within its own right, but to myself it has more of a Japanese feel to its action, as quoted being a regular fast action. It is slightly 'softer' in the tip and slightly 'slower' on recovery.

This is where we went back to Major Craft asking for another model with a faster action and thus the EU model was born. The EU model is stated as having a regular fast action as well, but I would put it as having a faster action than the standard Seabass model. It is definitely noticeable if you've fished both models, the recovery on the EU model suits how I enjoy my fishing without having to have several rods to do different things.

The M models in both are classed as having a regular action, but as above the EU model is slightly faster on recovery.
@fishdorset thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand better the type of actions for the fishing situation possible, so my question, if I may, why UK fishing be suited better for faster action and faster recovery than the one the Jappaniess are fishing, I presume in Japan’s shores??

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
@fishdorset thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand better the type of actions for the fishing situation possible, so my question, if I may, why UK fishing be suited better for faster action and faster recovery than the one the Jappaniess are fishing, I presume in Japan’s shores??
As much as I can answer, this is my understanding.
There is no standardizastan in rod actions around the world, one companies fast action could be a regular action in comparison. As time has gone on and more rods have evolved and arrived from overseas to the UK this has been more noticeable.
On average a lot of the Japanese rods have a slightly softer tip action.
The French rods have a stiffer action, and this is where we have created the EU model to cross over inbetween the Japanese and French rods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts