World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you lads use the above for fishing? ive just bought a half kilo spool.. i use 20lb lite crystal for fishing.. just bought it to try it..

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
do any of you lads use the above for fishing? ive just bought a half kilo spool.. i use 20lb lite crystal for fishing.. just bought it to try it..
i think its a great line its high vis as u saw last night .33 dia so u can get loads on the spool great for tieing knots, i rate it high for clean ground venues but wouldn't risk it for the rough ground, cheers. casters love this line too 14 lb tho .31 dia

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
i had a spool with my free sakuma stuff 18lb nite crystal .35 il be giving it a go this week if the weather sorts its self out..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i used this line in 18 and 20lb i can only say that clean ground it may be ok, casting line for sure though for real fishing go into your kitchen and throw it in the bin the worst line i have ever used and i can only add my symparthy for you that you have bought 1/2 kilo hope it was cheap mate:yawn:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sakuma nite crystal is very good line. Never had a problem with it for fishing or casting.

In my opinion the 0.33mm diameter should become the mandatory line for casting the 175g.

At the moment the 175g on 0.35mm is over-looked by many casters and it seems to be becoming less and less competitive compared to the other leads. It also seriously affects what reels you can use when it comes to spool capacity. If the big lead was cast on 0.33 we could use 6500 or maybe even 6600 in good casting conditions.

When you think about it there is quite a jump in diameter from 0.31 to 0.35mm compared to other leads/line:

0.25 - 100g
0.28 - 125g
0.31 - 150g
0.35 - 175g

I know that there is a safety aspect involved, even with the main line, but with modern lines there is a better breaking strain to diameter ratio than what was the standard many years ago.

I wonder what other casters think... actually i might create a new thread instead of stealing this one!! sorry!

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
i had a spool with my free sakuma stuff 18lb nite crystal .35 il be giving it a go this week if the weather sorts its self out..
wana hope its better than that ION line leon lol very low diameter only good for clean ground tho and comes screaming off the reel ,,,,to fast really

how much we talking for a kilo of this line

isit fair to say the lower the diameter ,the less abraision i know lines have improved , , ,i think when it comes to line you only get what you pay for ,,,,

·
Registered
832 Posts
I use sakuma nite crystal in the 16lb, only suitable for clean ground tho...

Knot strenght is kinda average, prefer the diameter tho for those days when i need that extra distance to get to the :fish:

Normal use the 20lb brite crystal.

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
its a great line especially the 20lb line, 16lb line, for what bookie wants it for i.e ray fishing then its a great line, thin enough for the stronger rip around barry too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i only fish clean ground anyway.. ill keep 3 sls loaded with 20lb lite crystal as its very strong and the other 2 sls ill keep loaded with 16lb nite crystal.. ill try it for 1st time on wkend..

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
i only fish clean ground anyway.. ill keep 3 sls loaded with 20lb lite crystal as its very strong and the other 2 sls ill keep loaded with 16lb nite crystal.. ill try it for 1st time on wkend..
whats the diameter on the 20lb stuff

F1 is awsome 18lb same diameter as most 15lb's -.35mm

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
0.37.. ultima snaps to easy..
you had a bad batch then F1 is as good as it gets

check out line reviews on testing F1 was 1 of the top brands for strength, abrasion ,casting line , not just in my opinion but loads on ere love F1 lol,

cnt comment on night crystal never tried it ,thats why i was asking the diameter of 20lb

·
Registered
934 Posts
you had a bad batch then F1 is as good as it gets

check out line reviews on testing F1 was 1 of the top brands for strength, abrasion ,casting line , not just in my opinion but loads on ere love F1 lol,

cnt comment on night crystal never tried it ,thats why i was asking the diameter of 20lb
Are you sure?

One comparison I saw of about 20 lines had F1 way down the list, Suffix Tritanium scored highly especially for abrasion, even the fairly budget daiwa sensor done well.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/dave02.htm

Not the fairest test, as F1 has a low diameter, and hence one of the lowest abrasion scores, would have been better to compare lines of the same diameter, as I'm sure the results would have been different.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every1 has there on fav line.. Mine is sakuma.. I wouldnt go fishing with out it.. Went casting up field 2day with 16lb nite crystal and every cast over 200.. On a marked out field by a mate kev from surfcast wales..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
as said already by some, its fine for clean ground however when it gets a bit tougher out there id stick with ultima tournament, i use 18lb strains in both lines and the sakuma may gain you a few extra yards but its abrasion resistance isnt as good as the ultima

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
Every1 has there on fav line.. Mine is sakuma.. I wouldnt go fishing with out it.. Went casting up field 2day with 16lb nite crystal and every cast over 200.. On a marked out field by a mate kev from surfcast wales..
whats the diameter dean of that 16lb mate isit .31mm .33mm

.37 ultima snaps to easy lol ,,,,not F1 then im currently using 18lb .35mm on the ruff with no problems/ and you only do clean ground so maybe you had a bad spool or it wasnt F1

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got some 16lb Nite Crystal a couple of weeks ago and boy has it been a revelation!!!

It sits well on the spool, I have found the knot strength to be fine and it has added many yards to my casts. I used to use Daiwa tournament in 0.35mm for my clean ground fishing but I found it began to feel a bit roughed up after a session or two. I have not found that with the sakuma.

All in all I would have to say I have yet to find a better line for clean ground fishing.

Incidentally after getting my first batch of 0.33mm Nite Crystal I tested its breaking strength because it looked a bit 'thin' and found on average it broke at around 14lbs. In comparison the 0.35 daiwa tournament broke on average at 16lb and Ultima Red Ice 0.35mm was very inconsistant and broke on average at 11lbs. I had been using the Red Ice without any problems so it just goes to show how light a line you can get away with on clean ground.

16lb Nite Crystal for clean ground fishing - Highly Recommended:clap2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts