World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Saltist
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOUNDHUNTER AND COWBOY CASTER SAT NITE AT WITCHES, FROM MIDNIGHT TO 6pm SUNDAY.
The night went slow with 2 small rays caught during low water on live sandeel, found the point to be very hard to cross due to the sand disappearing over the years, it has become very rugged and was very dodgey to walk on with all the tackle.
as soon as the tide turned we fished the ledges and h/hunter had two nice rays, and i had a sad tope lol lol
over on the point some lads from llanharan had a smooth hound from what we saw, well done lads.
at 9am we abandoned witches due to lack of bites and headed to porthcawl beach after a quick maccy d lol
fished the rear beach behind the pier only to find that smooth hounds were coming off in double figures, with small rays as well.
lost a good few traces, as the beach approx 150 yards out has a reef running left to right and we kept getting snagged, lesson learn,t very quickly.
we noticed that gerwyn was banging in hounds up on top of the peir in a foot and a half of water, best was about 6 .5 lbs then some chap lost a larger one trying to hand line it up the side lol
weather was so nice we pushed on and finished 18 hours in total of fishing time, feeling totally knackered and wet to the neck up but thats a long story about saving traces.

all in all a great session and hope too do it again with as much fish as we had or more and the elusive bass that iam chasing ( 10lb plus ).

TEAM SALTIST

Attachments

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Superb stuff Andi and dai :thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well done lads. A smooth hound is definately on my to-do list in the next few sessions.

I thought my last couple of 10 hours sessions were long, 18 hours?....bugger that!

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Great session:fishing1:. I was wondering why you weren't at the casting international.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
well done boys i fished that beach on the other side of the pier a few years back and had a 6lb bass of there to live pout found in the rocks

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
HOUNDHUNTER AND COWBOY CASTER SAT NITE AT WITCHES, FROM MIDNIGHT TO 6pm SUNDAY.
The night went slow with 2 small rays caught during low water on live sandeel, found the point to be very hard to cross due to the sand disappearing over the years, it has become very rugged and was very dodgey to walk on with all the tackle.
as soon as the tide turned we fished the ledges and h/hunter had two nice rays, and i had a sad tope lol lol
over on the point some lads from llanharan had a smooth hound from what we saw, well done lads.
at 9am we abandoned witches due to lack of bites and headed to porthcawl beach after a quick maccy d lol
fished the rear beach behind the pier only to find that smooth hounds were coming off in double figures, with small rays as well.
lost a good few traces, as the beach approx 150 yards out has a reef running left to right and we kept getting snagged, lesson learn,t very quickly.
we noticed that gerwyn was banging in hounds up on top of the peir in a foot and a half of water, best was about 6 .5 lbs then some chap lost a larger one trying to hand line it up the side lol
weather was so nice we pushed on and finished 18 hours in total of fishing time, feeling totally knackered and wet to the neck up but thats a long story about saving traces.

all in all a great session and hope too do it again with as much fish as we had or more and the elusive bass that iam chasing ( 10lb plus ).

TEAM SALTIST
Yep, lost it just as MR2 (thanks for helping m8) was handing it up the breakwater side.I tried to bully it round to the front (where you guys were throwing your leads into snags:bleh: ) but it fought so hard and I could not fight it and the incoming tide.I;ll ave im next time !:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
how are you andy and david you should have stayed on the pier just a little bit longer but you both had a great session some nice pics there. as we did shame z 42 lost his hound it was a big one will be posting when i upload piccies see you later got a funny feeling the pier going to get a bit busy i,ll just have to take a tent and camp out there
gerwynmr2

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Nice one the Report budd. Was a cracking days fishing. Best i have had in a while anyway. As always good banter and had a laugh. Slept like a baby last night. Had some food, head hit the Pillow and i was outers 13 Hours. My legs and feet are killing today tho. Lol. Look forward to our next outrages sessions budd. See you soon. :victory:

Rays were approx 2LB and the biggest was 6LB 13OZ. Hound was around the 4LB mark. :showoff::showoff::showoff:

·
Registered
506 Posts
cracking session, bloody long one though, i did 10 hours on the boat yesterday and im feeling it today! Id need some serious rest ofter 18hours!

GOOD FISH IN THE PICS THOUGH! GOT TO BE HAPPY WITH THAT!

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done lads for doing the 18 hr marathon, (i once done a 24hr rover and was knackered for a week),, great report and pics,, Marc..:victory:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts