World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thrers a picture of the cod caught from the shore at Ranny on the veals webb site in the catch reports, very nice fish for early season.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can never tell what sort of season we will have in the bristol channel, but this guy started his of with this cracking fish, if you dont go fishing you will never no whats out there , fair play to this guy and good luck to him.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i can tell you one thing for deff that picture is not taken down the rannie looking at the ground

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i can tell you one thing for deff that picture is not taken down the rannie looking at the ground
i wouldalso like to addthat have a look at the ground it looks like a peat ledge with a layer of mud on it to me and where was the fish supposed to be weighrd (newport garry evans) if that fish was caught this week bet it came from somewhere up newport way

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
Thats a bloody slab of a fish well done. Agreed that aint the ranny lol.

I'd say its N'port way too but im not 100% as i dont scour the ground looking for stuff.

WELL DONE THAT MAN! There's hope for us all yet lol. Fish of a lifetime.

Jon

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Doesnt look like a peat ledge to me, or the ranny.....looks like a slipway, or even possibly someones driveway, lol
Fish Fish Magur Bass Catfish

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Doesnt look like a peat ledge to me, or the ranny.....looks like a slipway, or even possibly someones driveway, lol
View attachment 39264
i take it you havnt fished redwick then mart,it could possibly be concrete i agree

·
Registered
194 Posts
That looks just like the piccy I posted on the Veals site ? - First most people on this site doubted the capture/weight of this fish and now your doubting the locality of it's capture ? - don't know what the ground is like at the Ranny - but have had a good look at the ground in the picture on my photo imaging on my PC and can definatly say it is smoothish rock with the odd few patches of lichen on it - does it really matter to you all where this fish came from - could have come from Cornwall and no one would be none the wiser - except the fish for what it is - a damn good start to someones Cod season !

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That looks just like the piccy I posted on the Veals site ? - First most people on this site doubted the capture/weight of this fish and now your doubting the locality of it's capture ? - don't know what the ground is like at the Ranny - but have had a good look at the ground in the picture on my photo imaging on my PC and can definatly say it is smoothish rock with the odd few patches of lichen on it - does it really matter to you all where this fish came from - could have come from Cornwall and no one would be none the wiser - except the fish for what it is - a damn good start to someones Cod season !
yes it does matter where it came from because we all fish this stretch of coastline the foto may have been taken outside the guys house dont know but would like to know does anyone know who he is

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
yeah i reckon either Magor or Redwick or someones drive, but it could also be port road,,, ahhh who cares?? nice to see a fish that size caught from the shore.. Marc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
yes it does matter where it came from because we all fish this stretch of coastline the foto may have been taken outside the guys house dont know but would like to know does anyone know who he is
And it's a hell of a big stretch of coastline probably with Cod all the way along it - are you after the exact location so you can sit on the mark all Winter in the hope of another Cod this size dropping on your rod ? - the odds will be stacked against you on that one my freind - think I would be picking up me tackle I getting down to fishing the Cod marks that I'm already familiar with !

·
Team Foreshore
1,281 Posts
who gives a toss were it came from its a cracking cod and well done to the guy who caught it tight lines dai

I agree with this, i cudnt care less now lol. It's unlikely to happen again ( to this size) this season so well done that man.

Ill be out trying my own luck this weekend (and tomorrow morning).

Gl

Jon

·
Registered
352 Posts
YOU LOT ARE PITTYFULL ,
LETS GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT HERE , THE FISH WEIGHED 18lb 4oz AND IT WAS CAUGHT AT THE RANNY . ANYBODY WHO CATCHES A DECENT FISH SHOULD NOT POST IT ON HERE , IT JUST BRINGS OUT FROM UNDER THEIR ROCKS ALL THE BUFFOONS TRYING TO DISECT EACH AND EVERY WORD AND PIXELL IN A VEIN ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT THE GUY WHOS CAUGHT THE FISH . YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES . YOU HAVE PROVED YOU AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT .

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.