World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies to those that have already seen this but I thought it was such an excellent idea that it needs more recognition and participants.

I don't know how many of you follow 'Fisho's shore angling videos' on YouTube, by @fishosopher on here. But one of his latest videos caught my eye:

Donating 1p to charity for each oz of fish caught this year. Now this may be a more expensive endeavour for some of us than others;) but an excellent idea all the same.

Perhaps if we get enough of the South Wales guys interested, we can start a thread on here where everyone who is taking part keeps a running total of their donations.

What do you think?

Let's all start weighing those littl'ns as well as the biguns and raising money for a worthy cause.

So who's interested?

Tom

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Why not do what some of us do already and donate monthly to the RNLI. You can then put in as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not do what some of us do already and donate monthly to the RNLI. You can then put in as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.
I do already do that actually, but I just thought this idea was quite a novel and fun way of making a little more money for the charity and adding a competitive edge to it..

G

·
Iv got 14lb of catch so far in 2016
Well.thats 224oz and 2.24p
Ill stick to my wife & I yearly donation!!!
There are many more better fishing vids online!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Iv got 14lb of catch so far in 2016
Well.thats 224oz and 2.24p
Ill stick to my wife & I yearly donation!!!
There are many more better fishing vids online!
£2.24 mate. If you wanted to donate more money you could always do 5p per oz of fish...

If you do this all year even at 1p per oz you'll probably be donating close to £20 if not more if the fishing improves, imagine what is possible if you get a few decent sessions on double figure Ray's or hounds.

Reactions: AnonymousUser
G

·
Yes ill stick it on top of the chunk we already donate each year:D

MOds-can you sticky this
And-Lets have some fishing posts on here eh:p

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
Hi Woody... I total understand where you coming from with this and agree that RNLI need our support.
However I'm not sure how this sort of thing would work. How would the individual anglers make their contributions?
Tot up our catch weights and make an end of the year donation.
Would each angler make their own donation or would someone ( you ) be nominated to collect it all together and make a combined donation.
How do you see this working.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Woody... I total understand where you coming from with this and agree that RNLI need our support.
However I'm not sure how this sort of thing would work. How would the individual anglers make their contributions?
Tot up our catch weights and make an end of the year donation.
Would each angler make their own donation or would someone ( you ) be nominated to collect it all together and make a combined donation.
How do you see this working.
Hi Keith thanks for the input.

As it was not my idea and I was just sharing an idea I liked I'm not sure how 'fishosopher' intended the idea to work. I'm going to send him a PM when I've got the time and see how he thought it should play out. Meanwhile this thread was intended to be somewhere those interested can discuss the sort of questions you've just raised.

Tom

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

As it was not my idea and I was just sharing an idea I liked I'm not sure how 'fishosopher' intended the idea to work. I'm going to send him a PM when I've got the time and see how he thought it should play out. Meanwhile this thread was intended to be somewhere those interested can discuss the sort of questions you've just raised.

Tom
Hello Woody33. Thank you for flagging up the fundraising idea. It's much appreciated.

I can see the regulars are getting a bit restless because this isn't a catch report so perhaps you, me and anyone else who is interested can have a chat on the following thread in the General Sea Angling Discussion Forum. I'll copy and paste your original post on to the thread and we can take it from there. Thanks again :)

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/fishosophers-great-idea.5096142/

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts

Tom
Morning Tom....
Hope you don't think I was having a pop at you, I wasn't
I like the idea and was just trying to understand the thinking behind it.
I now see "fishosopher" has linked your thread to another and it's being discussed there.
Any help the RNLI gets is good in my eyes.
Cheers
Keith ( Notso NTT )

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wouldn't want to reduce what I already give... Based on recent experience I would have paid about 10p on the above scheme since October lol. Great idea though for anyone who gets out and catches a few :)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Morning Tom....
Hope you don't think I was having a pop at you, I wasn't
I like the idea and was just trying to understand the thinking behind it.
I now see "fishosopher" has linked your thread to another and it's being discussed there.
Any help the RNLI gets is good in my eyes.
Cheers
Keith ( Notso NTT )
Not at all, they were questions I was already considering myself.

I will discuss it with 'fishosopher' and see how he imagined it to work. I think a thread with a running total of those involved may be a good way to go followed by a donation by each individual.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.