World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last night to try my new rock rod out. Went out with Anstruther Haddie for a bit of a crack ,well it was hard to see the rockling bites and i was soon a fish behind as the rod tip just wouldn't move. After lobbing out a proper bait and sitting down for a brew I had a wee knock that pulled the reel 4 foot up into the air, well my first fresh winter cod at 4 to 5 pounds is now in the mother in laws freezer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
good for you pal. keep em cuming

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
:marinheir its always the same !!! ya just gets your brew set up ,, or your just gona have a pee , and the rod goes!! bang goes your cuppa ,and ur we man gets caught in ur zip , :punk:

well done m8t i take it you will be going to the mothers-in-law for tea then !!!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Well done on your catch , 4 or 5 lber is a braw catch .

Ye get cod every season . Spring , summer autumn and winter .

But im still struggling to tell the difference between them .:)

Roll on Winter ... I've had enough of this summer fishing and dodging creels , bring on the dark cold nights , howling winds , big seas and creel free areas :) canni wait !

Ps , what rod did you buy ?

Which reminds me I need to see Rab for some bait too. :thumbs:

Sent using tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rods a century Komp sport, a real poker the poor fish didn't have a hope as it tried to get to the kelp.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Must be my English blood that thinks its cold lol,it was cold the night before on the end of the white pier,6 oz grippers struggled to hold.
Thanks for all of the feed back lads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.