World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last!

chuffed to bits - put away the beachcaster & got out the spinning rod on Sunday. Went down to rock ledges off Lydstep head in Pembs' - early morning 1/2 before h/w & 2 after.

Beautiful conditions - calm , sunny - spun for an hour rapala J11 , Devils own, chug bug Toby, Eddystones etc - no joy.

Changed tactics a set up a sliding float rig - stop knot set at about 15 ft , size 3/0 Kamasan with a bunch of rag. Let this freeline right into the rock face & bingo! - 3 1/2 lb Pollack, over the moon I was. Great sport too - light rod & 8lb line , Fish went mental great fun.Bloody brilliant -won't forget that no matter what - float dissapearing & the fish working the drag - top notch!

To top it off had a further two Pollack same set up, again right in tight to the rocks - best was 2 /1.2 lb - great sport again.

All in all a trip a won't forget - lost my virginity!. Wifes finally stopped bleating & laughing at me.

Piccies to follow. Bloody fantastic feeling a fish on the line at last.

Might leave the beachcaster alone for a while.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
TOG

Donot give up the the b/caster use both. Cast out the B/C and use the spinner rod as well.

Woodster

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well done Tog!
I was catching pollock with the same method by the rocks at Berry Head in Torbay last sammer. Big fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts