World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to Ogmore but ended up on Porthcawl pier fished from 7pm till 2am. Started of slow then got a 2" crab my 1st catch but i was happy with that as it was the 1st thing i have ever caught :) following that there was a fireworks display very nice after that was slow again until the last cast of the night and wham i caught a 3 hook Paternoster rig with a 3lb weight :D. I did not lose any gear in fact was up some swivels, beads and a 3lb weight thanks to my last catch. My casting was ok cast over a few peoples lines 2 in 1 go was my record and forgot to take the arm off 1 or 2 times before i cast out :rolleyes: All in all i had a great night and am looking foward to my next trip. Dai

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
good job dai,,,

I fish the pier regular...Its my local haunt....and to be honest mate...its poor there at the moment..

try ogmore..at least theres a coupe of congers showing there off the rocks...to the left of the lifegaurd house..next to the shingle beach..

I had a conger (well,,,3 actually) on my first ever fishing trip...which was on those rocks...scary i can tell ya..but great fun all the same

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
WTF was a 3lb lead doing on a 3 hook paternoster, i just hope that someone didnt try casting it and that it got lost whilst fishing from a boat.:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know i looked it up when i got home as i dont know much about rigs and the one that it looked like was that one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thats it 3oz my mistake sorry everyone :D Duh am i thick or what :eek:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i was gonna say, " i wonder how many 3lb weights the guy used to carry in his box,"you cant go with 1 can you, perhaps he did,nt have a box, but a blinkin wheelbarrow??????????????? heehee?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts