World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, Welshwanner and Shane B took the 2.5 hour drive to St Brides bay yesterday. We fished a mark on the left hand side of the bay from around 3.30pm untill 8.30pm.What a stunning venue and luckily the weather played ball too.

Shane B had pollack, rockling, what we think is some sort of shanny/blenny type thing (i'd be greatful if someone could tell us what it is) and a few wrasse including a cracking 2lb10oz fish.

I managed my first ever rockling quickly followed by my 2nd and 3rd (it never rains it pours...)

Welshwanner managed a double hit of rockling and a small wrasse.

All the fish were caught on the light gear cast over the edge of the ledges. Only one bite came along on the ledger gear.

Despite the lack of fish on the beachcasters it was a wicked day out with plenty of banter and laughs. The weather started to play up around 8pm which was the reason we headed for home (checking out a few other venues along the way).

Many thanks to old dog and Rockling for the advice, tight lines all....

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANNER YOU OLD GIT, NOT LONG FOR YOUR BUSS PASS NOW MATE........

Attachments

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Myself, Welshwanner and Shane B took the 2.5 hour drive to St Brides bay yesterday. We fished a mark on the left hand side of the bay from around 3.30pm untill 8.30pm.What a stunning venue and luckily the weather played ball too.

Shane B had pollack, rockling, what we think is some sort of shanny/blenny type thing (i'd be greatful if someone could tell us what it is) and a few wrasse including a cracking 2lb10oz fish.

I managed my first ever rockling quickly followed by my 2nd and 3rd (it never rains it pours...)

All the fish were caught on the light gear cast over the edge of the ledges. Only one bite came along on the ledger gear.

Despite the lack of fish on the beachcasters it was a wicked day out with plenty of banter and laughs. The weather started to play up around 8pm which was the reason we headed for home (checking out a few other venues along the way).

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY WANNER YOU OLD GIT, NOT LONG FOR YOUR BUSS PASS NOW MATE........
Hi elpez2k its a nice place where you fished but if youi went on abit more say 15min you would of seen another point walk out to that then you can get onto some ledges mate walk back along there you come to a spilt in the ledge fish there mate thats a good spot in he summer i let you tag along tight lines

·
Registered
103 Posts
It was a class trip and awesome venue, it was also nice to see the lads getting new species for the list too,we,ll deffinetly be back :notworthy .
Big thanks to Simon for the transport in the fishy Bongo Nice one Bruvva!!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
well in there guys - a fantastic day had by you all........
looks like a nice blenny to me........ correct me if im wrong......
you can also try marloes as rockling stated and have had wrasse over 4lb here along with pollack spinning sandeel or redgills.......

G

·
Whats your opinions on the 2nd photo? I'm not sure thyre the same type of wrasse. I know the colour can vary dramaticly but they look quite different to each other.
click though the pics on adrian thomas under my post there are some brill wrasse on there:)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Fished the left hand side of st brides bay on my road atlas the closest name is Tower point. The mark was around 15-20 minutes walf from the carpark.

can anyone tell me if the wrasse in the 1st 2 pictures are the same species???
Sorry elpez2k both are ballan wrasse mate no cockoose tight lines

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I would say both ballans but the small ballans can look so much like the corkwing that its hard to tell. There was a thread on the general fishing quite a few months ago asking what wrasse the guy had caught, i think it went on for about 10 pages and there was still no deffinate answer???

·
Registered
396 Posts

hi i am glad you enjoyed your fishing the second photo is of a corkwing. & the third photo is of a corkwing & tompot blenny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts