World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about that time of year to get the spring clean going so I think its about time I get a decent 2-4oz rod. Mainly for flatties/bass/redgilling etc.

Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions. Ive checked out a few of the ones available from conoflex but anyone got any further info??

Cheers

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
century flatty.. is another worth considering.

if money is tight then the odessa from shakespear cant be beaten

i am going to sell my..... zedlight bass ... rod soon for £20

this rod was the one before the oddessa. more expensive and slightly stiffer.

where the odessa has a red crossweave pattern on the blank this is grey and red.

this rod is well use and well looked after but i have alteared the grips on the but. 11.1/2ft ..2-4oz. should anyone be looking for a cheap bass rod. the buyer would have to collect it though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
im with tim, my odessa is fantastic, cant wait to give it a thrashing this summer, plus it isnt that expensive compared to the others.....great even with a 1oz bullet or even small lures...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yesterday I ordered a Firefly 13' bass rod, 3 piece. Took a chance but there was good feedback on EBay. Wanted something to fit in car boot.
About £53 inc. delivery.
Will let you know first impressions when I get it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just got the odessa flattie 1-3 oz. well pleased with it. £32 new on e-bay. thanks to the guys for advising me to get it.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Shakespeare Salt spin. Excellent 3piece 1-3oz rod, spinning, flatties, bass, float and plugging it does the lot. Only £35 at Bennetts of Sheffield!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The Shakespeare Powerplay Bass rod is good and so is the Odessa Bass. I have both, and they are great. A bit hard to get a good cast with a plug though.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
have a look at the conoflex flattie fanatic in 11 or 12ft which you can get for £130 or the bass bandit which is a very nice rod and is also finished well with full rrp is about £200 but you can get cheaper than that.

C

·
0 Posts
conoflex flattie fanatic or century flattie rod if you can find one teamed up with 5000 size reel and 12lb line will handle any bass that swims and still give a good fight from flounders

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
just got a 11' 9" bze cant wait to team it up with baitrunner and get wrassing and pollacking

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Couldn't resist it at that price Steve sw. Gonna be a great little summer, do anything rod. I like the fact it sits in my boot out of site. Cheers for putting me onto it! I have yet to use but would gladly recommend it. Hope to christen it if conditions allow this weekend, plenty of dab, flounder and some plaice showing of Pools.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers guys, I hadnt considered the bze, ill have to have a look.

have a look at the conoflex flattie fanatic in 11 or 12ft which you can get for £130 or the bass bandit which is a very nice rod and is also finished well with full rrp is about £200 but you can get cheaper than that.
You got any of these in mate, ill have to have a look down on payday :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts