World Sea Fishing Forums banner

2/5 of a fish per hour

733 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  danix 
G
#1 ·
fished 3 up and 2 down on the gynn wall. result one small dab (or tiny flounder...not sure) two hours before high, and my first weaver one hour after. which, if my maths serves me right, equates to 0.4 fish per hour. lovely night though. tee shirted at dawn. wasn't sure what the weaver was, but luckily had my fish book (and pliers!) with me.

#2 ·
Well done GMD on getting out and catching. A quick way to identify a dab from a flounder is to run your finger along it's back from tail to head & if it's rough it's a dab and if it's smooth it's a flounder. The other way is that the underside of a dab is sort of 'see through' whilst a flounder is just opaque white.

Phil

G
#3 ·
Well done GMD on getting out and catching. A quick way to identify a dab from a flounder is to run your finger along it's back from tail to head & if it's rough it's a dab and if it's smooth it's a flounder. The other way is that the underside of a dab is sort of 'see through' whilst a flounder is just opaque white.

Phil
ta. bloody small flounder then. i did the finger test, but couldn't remember which was which! glad i didn't do the same on the weaver.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.