World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Decided to fish a different venue today with a none forum member simon so off to dartford we went.
I wanted to fish up past the power station but my friend did not fancy the walk so we set up by the bridge.
Bait was fresh rag and fresh peeled tiger prawns,rigs were 1 up 1down,2 hook flappers, and flowing trace with cork balls.
Fishing was slow and the bait was stripped in seconds ,was my first encounter with mitten crabs today which cut through 5 hook lengths.
I did manage to pull a few fish out but only small, 2 schoolies and 2 eels.
Highlight of the day was me disturbing a hornets or wasp nest horrid yellow things which attacked me in large numbers.
I think i broke the world record for the 100 metre wader sprint today resulting in 3 stings to the head and it f**ing hurt.
With an aching head and the fish not playing we packed up 1 hour after high tide.
Human Hand Thumb Glove Fish
Vertebrate Outdoor recreation Fisherman Fish Fishing
Vertebrate Fish Fishing Fin Marine biology
Sky Cloud Boat Waterway Watercraft

Mode of transport Transport Liquid Boat Watercraft

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a little dangle along this afternoon, but didn't have much luck. My bait was pretty shocking though.........

I've been considering buying the MTI tripod. Looks like a nice bit of kit. Is it very heavy? I currently have the Daiwa telescopic one which seem to weigh a ton!

Cheers.......

Nice pics BTW!

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a little dangle along this afternoon, but didn't have much luck. My bait was pretty shocking though.........

I've been considering buying the MTI tripod. Looks like a nice bit of kit. Is it very heavy? I currently have the Daiwa telescopic one which seem to weigh a ton!

Cheers.......

Nice pics BTW!
they are nice stable tripods but a bit on the heavy side:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.