World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

interested in knowing if there is any difference in the 3 rigs listed below, other than the cascade clip on the loop rig and it being clipped up, once its unclipped are they practically all the same rig when they are out and fishing?

2 hook flapper
2 hook loop rig
one up one down

cheers

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
hi all

interested in knowing if there is any difference in the 3 rigs listed below, other than the cascade clip on the loop rig and it being clipped up, once its unclipped are they practically all the same rig when they are out and fishing?

2 hook flapper
2 hook loop rig
one up one down

cheers
Very similar when there fishing, I prefer the loop rig for when you want maximum distance but it will fish well close in as well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
A loop rig allows you to cast a very long hook link a long way. I like 40 inch length in a strong tide. All clipped up neat behind the lead. A two hook flapper is just a simple rig when long casting isn't necessary, no need to complicate things. In my opinion the loop rig will outcast the others as the bait is pinned behind the lead. A one up one down will still cast a long way but is better suited to medium or short hook lengths. So the loop rig can be used for all fishing scenarios, whereas the other two have limitations.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've really started to appreciate the loop rig recently. Not only does it allow you to fire a two hook hook paternoster a blimmin long way, it also tucks the worms in nicely behind the lead / impact shield while they are whizzing through the air and then tearing into the water. I feel like the worms arrive in a lot better shape, regardless of conditions or how far you chuck them.

I still like a flapper or 1U1D but have a lot of confidence in the loop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts