World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone interested in a boat meet at Portland next year? Please reply here so we can gauge numbers and ideas of dates that suit you. An indication of whether with boat or needing a crew space please.

Then we can book with the Marina for berths and loan of the BBQ.

Suggestions for dates:
30th May to 6th June gives rising spring tides and avoids most of the bank holiday
23rd May to 30th May is the bank holiday week end - busy in marina and on roads
Any of the other 3 weeks in June before the main holiday season starts in July.
Earlier dates in May - although the mackerel are usually better by June, but launce will be there from late March.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I’d love to do a weekend....

I’d need a space on a boat as mine won’t fit on a trailer....
I’m usually based in Cardiff but late June onwards plan to be in Milford for sharking so earlier in June or May is good for me :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Peter Hurley - i will try again this year , i will try not to catch on fire this time on the way there.
any time will do for me.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Sounds great - I'll be there.

I'll be able to come for 2 - 5 days... dependant on the week chosen.
My personal preference is for the bank holiday weekend, but I'll come down for as long as I can on whichever weekend we chose.
(In fact if its the 30th May to 06th June, then I'll sadly only be around for 2 days 30-31 May, as my work dictates that I'm in the office for the first 6 days every month.

If there is enough interest then I'll do the BBQ as usual on the Saturday night.
I'll cater and cook, at cost, for everyone who puts their name down. Its a feast for under a tenner.
And as always Steve, I'm happy to help with anything else required.

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
I’d love to do a weekend....

I’d need a space on a boat as mine won’t fit on a trailer....
I’m usually based in Cardiff but late June onwards plan to be in Milford for sharking so earlier in June or May is good for me :)
If I take Tarlach Too down Luke, you’d be welcome on board . I’m sure @Andy135 will show an interest also! You know what he’s like for a freebie !!!

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
What’s the marina like ? Is it expensive for a couple of days berthing ? do they have communal showers ??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What’s the marina like ? Is it expensive for a couple of days berthing ? do they have communal showers ??
Check out the website for Portland marina, all facilities. This year its £3.25 per metre per night summer rate but may change from April 2020. There is a discount for boat rallies / meets like ours but requires a minimum of 5 visiting boats mooring in the marina to qualify.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Currently have 14 who would like to attend, with 5 local boats and 4 visiting boats - one more visiting boat and the discount starts :)

At the moment the Bank Holiday weekend stating 23rd May is the slight preference

1 - 20 of 120 Posts