World Sea Fishing Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I have contacted the Marina this week and this is summary of the response.

The August Bank holiday is already very busy for bookings and they would not want to host the WSF meet given the current volume of visitor bookings. ( The marina is significantly busier than a normal summer.)

The BBQ is booked out for weekends of 12th,13th, 19th 20th September by the Marina as they are hosting events at Portland for what would have been the Boat show weekends.

That leaves us to start on 5th Sept, 26th Sept, or any time in October.

@LilBrit , @kenc , @Gcs, @John Ratcliffe,@MICKJAMES, @Jeff Kennett, @Roy Igglesden,
@cloutie, @Espadon , @Neil Edwards, @Partners, @StuFish24, @OdysseyAngling
@Mike Hall, @Plaicehunter, @mulletman, @Andy135, @hoges, @seapike
@manicdev , @Bournemouthfisher , @PRO ANGLER , @Bass Ally , @John Ratcliffe ,
@Jeff Kennett , @Ian Fish , @Robsm3 , @maverick

Views then please - apologies to anyone I've missed out above
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
970 Posts

The August Bank holiday is already very busy for bookings and they would not want to host the WSF meet given the current volume of visitor bookings. ( The marina is significantly busier than a normal summer.)

The BBQ is booked out for weekends of 12th,13th, 19th 20th September by the Marina as they are hosting events at Portland for what would have been the Boat show weekends.

@LilBrit , @kenc , @Gcs, @John Ratcliffe,@MICKJAMES, @Jeff Kennett, @Roy Igglesden,

Thanks Steve
Dear Steve, I can make any of the above dates. Looking forward to fishing with you on your new boat and with Jim on Espadon. Cheers! Graham

·
Registered
206 Posts

Thanks Steve
Hi Steve
I am out the water for a week for service from the 8th of September but i do not go to BBQ so may not matter.
Jim
Espadon

·
Registered
784 Posts
I won't know for sure till closer to whatever date is confirmed (carer for mum) so any date "could" be good for me.
If I can I will be there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
If I can get there I will be but it’s rather close to a house move.....

I may not be popular if I b&gger off fishing after dropping some empty boxes in the house and ask to have them packed, moved and unpacked! :rolleyes::rolleyes::whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Currently only 6 takers for a meet this year - so I'm suggesting we cancel this year and put a new sticky up in January for a 2021 meet at the usual May bank holiday time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks for all your efforts Steve. We were thinking about coming over however I don't like to put our name up as the journey for us is very weather dependant. Taking the current situation into consideration I think you have called it right. See you next year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's a shame to lose lose the meet-up but I think you have made the correct decision. Thanks for your efforts.
I am going to try to get down to Portland for a 4 or 5 day bash during Sept / Oct. Hope to meet some of you then.
If not ... See you next year.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes I think you made the right decision Steve, thanks for all your effort,
And hopefully we will all get through these trying times and have a great meet next year.
Might see you end of next week,as I am down again for 9 days.

Mick

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
@Wreck fisher Thank you for your efforts in arranging, my apologies I didn’t see it. Not been on here much after May was cancelled; and the tag was the wrong name so didn’t see an email.

Next year makes more sense, plus I’m off to Norway in a couple days for 2 weeks fishing.
I hope you’re loving your new boat mate!!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
@Wreck fisher Thank you for your efforts in arranging, my apologies I didn’t see it. Not been on here much after May was cancelled; and the tag was the wrong name so didn’t see an email.

Next year makes more sense, plus I’m off to Norway in a couple days for 2 weeks fishing.
I hope you’re loving your new boat mate!!!
Apologies for the wrong tag Ken, never could spell. New boat is great, completely different from a monohull.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts