World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
It is a few years since I fished with Mike Watson - who is a very good skipper
Fishing included
Pollack on rag - leadheads, drilled bullet with flowing trace or on float when inshore
Wrasse on any worms/shellfish - on bottom smallish hook - to s/z 1-0
Mackerel on feathers
Doggies on bottom on mackerel or squid on sandy bottom
The occasional surprise eg tope / huss etc
Thats how I remember it
The boat takes a while to get out to the fishing so take some bits and mike will advise you on any rigs it may be worth making
Thats how I remember it - good luck m8
Peter :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Just like Peter says. but add quite a few small haddock, a bit under table size. If the wind is favourable he will take you out to one of the wrecks, where artificials fished on a boom will take some decent sized pollack. If you have lug/rag it is possible to get plaice near Corsewell. and of course there should be a few mackerel around by now. Don't take too many, leave some for me as I'm out with Mick on the following day. Also Mick makes a decent cuppa.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Wind forecast for Sun./Mon. is for 17 m.p.h. Westerly which may be a wee bit bumpy once past the Milleur point bell buoy, if so and you stay in the loch, as Peter previously said, be prepared to floatfish for the pollack inshore, and worm baits can improve your chances of other species. Catching mackerel should not be a problem. ( Famous last words )

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have never float fished before.

Any tips?
dead easy mate:) youll need one of these first on your mainline,then a bead,then a slider float,, then a bullet weight( size of weight depending on size of float),then another bead to protect knot then a snap link swivel and finally a lenght of line with a hook on the end :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Do not worry mate, just take a float or two in your tackle box and Mike will keep you right. If in doubt, ask. He's a very helpful skipper.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Starting to look better for you with wind down to 10 m.p.h. S.W. on Sun. but not so good for me with 23 m.p.h. S.S.W on Mon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts