World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and zziplexmad fished marloes today, weather was kind to us and only give us mild drowning!:blink:
as soon as we got there we baited the big rods with large baits so we could start fishing in close with the small rods for wrasse. 1st to catch was gareth with a wrasse around the 1lb-1.5lb mark and then me with one of about half a pound.
we then reeled in the big rods to re-bait and i brought in an edible crab the same size as zzipys head:clap2: . gareth had another two wrasse on the small rod and a weever fish.
an hour before leaving we decided to move to another spot on the ledge for a last cast or two so i put three king rag on a double 6/0 pennel and lobbed it out, by the time i set the drag my rod was bouncing in the rod stand which resulted in a wrasse of around the 2lb-3lb mark:clap3:
next cast i put 5 king rag on and wipped on a peeler for luck.......20 seconds later my ratchet was clicking like hell and line was flying of the reel..after one of the best fights ive had in ages, another wrasse broke the surface, this one was double the size of the last, (est; approx 4-5lb) but came off the hook as it was being lifted out the water....gutted.:schmoll:
all in all an enjoyable day:clap3: , on the way home we popped over to dale for a nose and found a nice looking jetty at the end of a lane going to a reserch place of some sort!, anyone know if you can fish it and if so, how the hell do you get down to it!...?:g:

cheers....FLEX.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh we had loads of bites to keep us busy too. it was a good laugh too mostly at my expence though!:blink:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice sesh lads, ive been to morloes before how do you get where you were fishing, i have parked in the national trust carpark and followed the lane/path past the little cottage then down onto the beach, anywhere near there???
cheers guys,

hi fiskies, we fished wooltack point mate, leave the carpark and go through sty at bottom of 1st hill then follow the steps up to the top then head past the white hut and follow the path until you fall in the sea.....sorry, i mean stop once you get to the sea:blink:

(when you park your car you will see a map it shows you where it is)

FLEX.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
r you on about dale fort mate was there a beach beside it

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
me and zziplexmad fished marloes today, weather was kind to us and only give us mild drowning!:blink:
as soon as we got there we baited the big rods with large baits so we could start fishing in close with the small rods for wrasse. 1st to catch was gareth with a wrasse around the 1lb-1.5lb mark and then me with one of about half a pound.
we then reeled in the big rods to re-bait and i brought in an edible crab the same size as zzipys head:clap2: . gareth had another two wrasse on the small rod and a weever fish.
an hour before leaving we decided to move to another spot on the ledge for a last cast or two so i put three king rag on a double 6/0 pennel and lobbed it out, by the time i set the drag my rod was bouncing in the rod stand which resulted in a wrasse of around the 2lb-3lb mark:clap3:
next cast i put 5 king rag on and wipped on a peeler for luck.......20 seconds later my ratchet was clicking like hell and line was flying of the reel..after one of the best fights ive had in ages, another wrasse broke the surface, this one was double the size of the last, (est; approx 4-5lb) but came off the hook as it was being lifted out the water....gutted.:schmoll:
all in all an enjoyable day:clap3: , on the way home we popped over to dale for a nose and found a nice looking jetty at the end of a lane going to a reserch place of some sort!, anyone know if you can fish it and if so, how the hell do you get down to it!...?:g:

cheers....FLEX.
good sesh lads well done:clap3: :clap3: TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
r you on about dale fort mate was there a beach beside it
i think it was called dale fort field centre, didnt see a beach as such...we turned the car buy the arch to the centre, it had a red led light showing on the front and a sign with "no public access" and the jetty was on the left looking at the building

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
havent fished there myself mate but a few boys in our club do you can fish off a little slipway by there all sorts of species e.g dogs huss congers rocklig whiting the odd rays but not on to big a tide

·
Banned
38 Posts
funny how all the big ones come off mate??

·
Registered
10,458 Posts

cheers....FLEX.
Well done flex mate a few nice fish there you lads had next time try the middle ledge mate you have hounds and big bull huss of there in the night if you need any info just gave me a pm mate tight lines

1 - 20 of 22 Posts