World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's 23 feet long, will never do anymore than 8 knots, how many horses will I need, I removed a 35(ish) B.M.C engine, but I suspect this was installed after she was "converted"

Suggestions please,

tia

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Too little information to even guess at an answer.

Waterline length?

All up weight?

Outboard ?? or inboard?

Single or twin engines?

Any keel?

How big a prop can you swing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas, i've been off line for a few days, a new computer has solved that fact, tommorrow i'll reply to your replies

Regards

Aud

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
30hp is as big as you need any more is a waste of power I should think your boat will do 6kts maybye 6.5 with no tide i have a 20ft colvic and that is all a displacement of this size will do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how big is the prop?

12hp might get you along at 7 or 8, depends on engine torque/gearbox ratio and prop size

ex motor sailer..... was it ballasted and is it still there
Hiya mate the prop measures 18" in diameter, with (if i've measured it properly) a 3 inch pitch,

She was an ex motor sailer, and she's still carrying around a ton of ballast, concrete variety, in her bilge keels

Too little information to even guess at an answer.

Waterline length?

All up weight?

Outboard ?? or inboard?

Single or twin engines?

Any keel?

How big a prop can you swing?
See above for most of the answers, she's around 21 feet along the water line, and will weigh in around 2.5 - 3 ton, when she's ready to go back in the water.
Provisions are already in place to take a single inboard

I would look at the ford 1800 diesel easy to maranise economical apox 65 hp.
I think 65 is going to be too big Alan,

I've been looking at more compact 3 cylinder motors, phsyical dimensions are the crucial factor, as space in the wheelhouse is limited,

Pop over sometime and i'll show you around her,

It won't take long,

Then we can go to the pub! :happy:

I'll speak with him tommorrow

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas, i've been off line for a few days, a new computer has solved that fact, tommorrow i'll reply to your replies

Regards

Aud
Ok, so I lied,

A bit,

It was more n a few days,

But it was only a smallish white lie,

And hand on heart, how many anglers out there, have embellished the truth with a small white one,

On odd occasions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts