World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got down the knapp at 8pm , not a bite untill after the turn of the tide. then at 11pm landed my first fish, only a doggie but a very welcome one. managed another doggie and a whiting. packed up at 00:30. not a great nights fishing , put down to the fact the sea was flatter than a flat thing from flatsville. but it was a lovely evening, was a bit surprised to see only around 6 people fishing the whole of the knap.......must of knew something!

bait used was mackie, squid , rag and sand eel, all fish were caught on sand eel!

·
Registered
97 Posts
at least you never blanked:) and the weather was perfect for it,stange only a few were fishing though tought it would choca,tight lines:)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at least you never blanked:) and the weather was perfect for it,stange only a few were fishing though tought it would choca,tight lines:)
yeah, i thought it would of been heaving down there, still beats being sat at home in the warm with a take away watching a dvd...lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yep. very poor. Had a few bites and for my trouble landed a small Plaice which was put back alive. Was using a mixture of rag and lug cocktail. My mate caught 2 pin whiting and a doggie.

Strangely enough had more bites during the daytime tide that day!

May give the venue two more trips this week as the High Tides will be too early for the Nike crew who were quite keen on making bonfires etc! Little wonder the bottom end of the car park is barrier'd off!

Nick

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. very poor. Had a few bites and for my trouble landed a small Plaice which was put back alive. Was using a mixture of rag and lug cocktail. My mate caught 2 pin whiting and a doggie.

Strangely enough had more bites during the daytime tide that day!

May give the venue two more trips this week as the High Tides will be too early for the Nike crew who were quite keen on making bonfires etc! Little wonder the bottom end of the car park is barrier'd off!

Nick
was that you fishing in front of where they had a fire? i was up the other end about 50yds from the point. next time im gonna try in front of the toilets, im told thats the place which produces the most fish, im sure rich pickins can inform us.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
was that you fishing in front of where they had a fire? i was up the other end about 50yds from the point. next time im gonna try in front of the toilets, im told thats the place which produces the most fish, im sure rich pickins can inform us.
I dont think it matters where you fish on the beach mate, go down there at low tide and you will see its just flat sand:unsure: The only reason more fish come off the toilet blocks is because more people fish there as its not much of a walk:blink:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think it matters where you fish on the beach mate, go down there at low tide and you will see its just flat sand:unsure: The only reason more fish come off the toilet blocks is because more people fish there as its not much of a walk:blink:
ive bumped into quite a few people who fish the knap quite regular and they say they have more sucsess in front of the toilet, i normally always go about 50 to 100 yds of knapp point and haven't had that much sucsess. i may go down there in the week and try again . :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
ive bumped into quite a few people who fish the knap quite regular and they say they have more sucsess in front of the toilet, i normally always go about 50 to 100 yds of knapp point and haven't had that much sucsess. i may go down there in the week and try again . :)
We are fishing lavernock low tide on tuesday if you wanna come mate:) R/Bs a must will be fishing from 19.30ish till whenever( midnight prob)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,
My mate and myself fished basically in front of where we parked the car, almost directly in front of the toilet block. We weer using headlamps and not those red tip lights from the fishing crew to our Left. I guess you were further along close to the point!

Im going down there againthis week. May look at a Tuesday nite/am High tide and again on the Wednesday nite/am tide.

Ive had plenty of bites from the beach but im sure a lot of the fish are very small......

let me know if anyone else is going over there!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,622 Posts
well done there m8 - beats a blank!
its fishing there much better in the day than night at the moment though....

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are fishing lavernock low tide on tuesday if you wanna come mate:) R/Bs a must will be fishing from 19.30ish till whenever( midnight prob)
i cant do to much evening fishing in the week as im up at 03:15 for work, prob give the knap a go tomorrow day weather depending and i may try down monknash on thurs evening(depending what time i have to get up) but thanks for the offer kev, much appreiciated!!!!:)

G

·
i cant do to much evening fishing in the week as im up at 03:15 for work, prob give the knap a go tomorrow day weather depending and i may try down monknash on thurs evening(depending what time i have to get up) but thanks for the offer kev, much appreiciated!!!!:)
THATS THE WAY KOL YOU NEED THE PRACTISE ID TEACH YOU IF YOU DINTNT LIVE SO FAR AWAY.FREE OF CHARGE ILL GIVE YOU A LESSON ON BRANDS BASH :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
03.15 bloody hell mate thats bad:yucky: I used to work on the post and had to get up by 4 and that was bad enough:yucky:
Good luck if you do go out this week:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THATS THE WAY KOL YOU NEED THE PRACTISE ID TEACH YOU IF YOU DINTNT LIVE SO FAR AWAY.FREE OF CHARGE ILL GIVE YOU A LESSON ON BRANDS BASH :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
i do seem to remember whooping your ass in the charity comp..lol so maybe i should be giving you lessons. ill show you on the 7th lol:kissing:

G

·
i do seem to remember whooping your ass in the charity comp..lol so maybe i should be giving you lessons. ill show you on the 7th lol:kissing:
kol leave my ass out of this:blink: its fishing we talking about only thing you beat that very good night was the bandit:clap2: :clap2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts