World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from west wales, went fishing twice. first day iwent to my favoirte mark, which is usually sheltered but because of the north eastely winds it was pretty dodgey i had 2 casts had a doggie, and had a decent bite but got snagged, so i thought i would walk to a place facing the opposit direction, got there and not a breath of wind, had a go on y fly rod but the wter wasa bit dirty looking, so i jumped on to this big rock, and cast out a big mackeral/squid bait hoping for a bull huss, missed a cracking bite whilst i was onthe phone, next cast had a massive bite and pulled into it, at first i thought i was snagged then i noticed it was moving, i had to pump this Bast*rd, it didnt want to come up so i was hoping it was a nice ray, then i saw this big black scary thing, which was a rearlly dark conger, i was playing it for about 5mins, managed to use a wave to get it on the rock, and this conger was mabey bigger than the one caught on the knap thread, but as the wave went out, the conger started to go, and i thought the 60lb line would go, but the 5/0 sakuma manta snapped clean in half, ****ING **** ******* ****ING ****ERS, what kind of "big fish hooks" snap when you actually manage to catch a big fish!!!!! so i didnt manage to get a photo, and didnt get to weigh it, but i had a 32lb eel last year and it might of been bigger than that one, it was rearlly dark, black on the top and brown underneath, it was around slack water as well, didnt have anything arfter that, as i had to get orf the rock otherwise i would of been swimming!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its happened alot mate!>.
to Me,Big Dee and seahawk!...

Ive maintained that they have a fault,and have not used them since
I.m not going to touch them again!!!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
unlucky there m8 - i have had them snap on me a few times instead of just simply bending out....

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
just to play devils advocate i've heard of the sakuma mantra snapping but i have used the sakuma mantra "extra" for uptiding, granted your not pulling/beaching the fish but i've had smoothies of 13 1/2lb and congers upto a good 20lb on them and never had one fail even keep there sharpness.....my knots on the other hand mmmmmm
john

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I been using sakuma mantas and to be honest I'vefound the ones I been using been bending out of sangs and stuff........never hadone sanp on me yet though!!

Unlucky on the eel pikeman

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
just got back from west wales, went fishing twice. first day iwent to my favoirte mark, which is usually sheltered but because of the north eastely winds it was pretty dodgey i had 2 casts had a doggie, and had a decent bite but got snagged, so i thought i would walk to a place facing the opposit direction, got there and not a breath of wind, had a go on y fly rod but the wter wasa bit dirty looking, so i jumped on to this big rock, and cast out a big mackeral/squid bait hoping for a bull huss, missed a cracking bite whilst i was onthe phone, next cast had a massive bite and pulled into it, at first i thought i was snagged then i noticed it was moving, i had to pump this Bast*rd, it didnt want to come up so i was hoping it was a nice ray, then i saw this big black scary thing, which was a rearlly dark conger, i was playing it for about 5mins, managed to use a wave to get it on the rock, and this conger was mabey bigger than the one caught on the knap thread, but as the wave went out, the conger started to go, and i thought the 60lb line would go, but the 5/0 sakuma manta snapped clean in half, ****ING **** ******* ****ING ****ERS, what kind of "big fish hooks" snap when you actually manage to catch a big fish!!!!! so i didnt manage to get a photo, and didnt get to weigh it, but i had a 32lb eel last year and it might of been bigger than that one, it was rearlly dark, black on the top and brown underneath, it was around slack water as well, didnt have anything arfter that, as i had to get orf the rock otherwise i would of been swimming!
the hook i find good is the varivas big mouth extra really strong havent lat me doen yet.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
686 Posts
unlucky with the eel mate, at last you got him to the surface. i went down west myself on the weekend to target huss and conger but only had pollack and coalies to 3 lb.
back to the hooks, i've never had a manta xtra snap on me but the manta's have snapped often on me when fishing the rough and even when pulling my knots tight.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just found out im going back west this weekend, so i will have a photo of that ******* or a huss if it kills me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
go for it m8 - best of luck......
i guess your on a propa mission 2 get em......
I just want to get a decent fish on photo! a month ago i had two nice huss and my new digital camera decided not to work, so i got it fixed and i lose the conger!! might get a landing net

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
I just want to get a decent fish on photo! a month ago i had two nice huss and my new digital camera decided not to work, so i got it fixed and i lose the conger!! might get a landing net
typical init m8 - happened to me a few times before..........
hope you get him m8 - looking forward to the report........

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: try looking at the rigs for auction in classifieds,job lot in aid of steve woods lifeboat appeal(shameless plug):)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts