World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A cracking 2lb-12oz Sole was caught up at Clevedon pier this week, Pete Lloyd was the lucky angler, well done Pete :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice fish..

We have had a few big sole from around here over the last couple of years, I remember 1 last year being 3lb+ from the clevedon end of the seawall and others around the portishead area in the 2lb+ bracket too.

Ive only ever seen one caught around 1lb 8oz and that was about 10 years ago... lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats a cracking fish! Don't see many sole down this way, would love to catch a biggie like that!

·
Registered
189 Posts
very early in the year for dover sole usually you don't catch them untill june? goes to show the sea temperature is way above the norm for the time of year, this has got me thinking about the bass now:g: :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
very early in the year for dover sole usually you don't catch them untill june? goes to show the sea temperature is way above the norm for the time of year, this has got me thinking about the bass now:g: :)
I've had 10 bass this year so far, looks like its gonna be a good year for them!
watch this space after saying that i'll prob catch none now lol

cracking sole btw ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I've had 10 bass this year so far, looks like its gonna be a good year for them!
watch this space after saying that i'll prob catch none now lol

cracking sole btw ;)
Yeah....but what size?

There are reports of Bass showing literally everywhere.....but....they are all small. very little showing in the 4lb - 7lb class.....I wonder why that is......

Fantastic sole. Great catch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts