World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our annual Family vs the Guildford club comp onboard Tiger Lily over the weekend and we managed to get out both days had a very good couple of days in good company but unfortunatly the Family lost the compitition and I was only 5th out of 10.

We found a lot of Plaice over the 2 days biggest was 5.5lbs and had a rare Streaked Gurnard The first one anyone had seen even the skipper

First stop on Saturday morning was for the Red Band Fish which seem to be a common fish there now as I had 17 over 2 days including a treble shot

Wilst we were drifting for the Plaice I put a 3 hook flapper on to try for the Gurnards and managed this:
Ling

Yesterday (Mon) we had our family species comp onboard Flamer1V and the weather had got worse so we were restricted to The shelter of Portland and the harbour I still managed 11 species for the day including my second treble of Red Band Fish and a Rock cook Wrasse but by then the camera battery was flat so no photo and I finished in 3rd place

We were going to fish Boscombe pier on the way home today but looking at the weather when we came down for breakfast decided against it.

·
Here fishy fishy
437 Posts
Nicely done Dick..sounds like you had a great trip..those red band fish look awsome..and the streaked gurnard....didnt even know thay exsisted till i checked the bible.from my reckoning you got 5 new species over the 3 days...did you manage a painted?
catch up soon...gotta be a tadpole lurking :thumbs:
All the best
12 :drunk:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts