World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take advantage of the good weather and get some fishing in! Arrived at Ferrybridge Friday morning at 4am to try for an early morning bass. Had a pouting first cast and ended up packing it in at around 10am without a further bite.

Few hours sleep and it was back out again, this time a little more successful! Spider crabs were a pain in daylight, but did manage this bream,
GEDC0199.jpg

Lost a cracking bream not long after. Birds Nest arrived at sundown and was soon getting hit by the bass close in, so gave it a go and caught a nice ~2lb bass on a whole squid, mmmmm bass and bream for tea! Also had pouting, pollack and bull huss.

Met up with Deano this afternoon and after a lot of walking found a nice quiet spot. Just sat down after casting out my 2nd rod for the first time and had a cracking bite within a minute...
GEDC0201.jpg GEDC0203.jpg Abbotsbury 08.08.09_04.jpg

Couldn't believe it, first ever Undulate, I know it was a small one but a cracking looking fish. 5 hours later we packed up without another bite!

All in all had some nice fish and good company to boot:punk:

·
Registered
367 Posts
great report there again m8 also a great looking ray congrats on that bud shame i couldnt make it i am sure i will get out soon well done again m8:clap2:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Nice report Chris, No stopping you on the species hunt :thumbs:

What a cracking looking Ray.

Still gutted about loosing what felt like a decent Bass last night:bangin: !!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice report Chris, No stopping you on the species hunt :thumbs:

What a cracking looking Ray.

Still gutted about loosing what felt like a decent Bass last night:bangin: !!
Well happy with the ray mate, my goal of the year was to catch a ray and i've had 3 species now!

Yeah, that looked like a cracking fish you had on mate judging by the bite and bend in the rod. You defo got the technique now, based on that and the 8+lb one you had recently, so I reckon you'll have a few more before the summer is out:fishing:

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah deff on goin for some biggies m8 and unlucky on loosing the bass ben just think it will b bigger next time u get it

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
yep,, well done on the 2 new species bud,,was a cracking day,,roll on wednesday,see you then,, maybe add a few more to the list,,get a trigger maybe?

COME ON LES GET YOURSELF OUT BUD,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
24,914 Posts
Nice fishing!!!!! I would love to get some of them bream!!!! Especially welldone on catching the undulate ray as i dont think they are very common??????? Usually spotted and small eyed ray around my way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts