World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for either Gary Caulfield or Blackbeard, really. I have both the Penn Seatrek twintip and the PPT jetstream and they're great rods. They're not just for holidays, they're great rods for general fishing and are so easy to transport. I'm wondering whether Penn have, or might consider producing a three or four section rod with a little more beef for the heavier work - say something genuinely rated at up to 8oz?

And what about a lighter multi-section rod too, rated at up to 4oz?

Whatever the case I hope that Penn's venture into this type of rod is not just a flash in the pan and that they'll continue to develop them.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, lads. The Jestream is rated at up to 8oz, but I think that's being a bit optimistic. Would it really be suitable for heavy work? What does Neil or Craig say? I had seen the affinity range advertised but Veals and Gerrys don't specify the number of sections, so I assumed they'd all be 2-piece. I'll have to find more info on them - the 2-4 oz version sounds interesting.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I've just visited Penn's site and the only multi-section Affinity is 16' long - way over the top for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts