World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Bush Kangaroo
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help::help:was fishing with it today its third outing since bought and after i cast the handle siezed up and would not turn got it turning agin but a funny clicking noise coming from iside any idea what it is i think it might be the gears an help before i take it apart

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you wont open it,,, you wont know.
theres only about 6 big parts inside...

all the daiwas are easy to service. the STT are just the same as the SL/SLX/GWZ

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice looking reels the new Daiwas,heard they are so smooth!!
Most anglers dont have a bad word to say on these reels.
But beggining to hear a few reports of seizing up and drags that wont tighten down to reel back in etc so im waiting to hear a few long term reports before splashing out on a pair. Far more good reports than bad so far.
If the reel is new(3 outings) id send it back and ask for a new one.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
not sure skippy, only had mine apart to oil the bearings, not a broken brake block or something? i had one jam my old slosh years ago.

no drag probs on mine (Hugh touches would quite quickly!) so far, still as smooth as the day i got it.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
sounds faulty mate.take it back to the shop..

my 30h broke the other week..the thread was stripped on the star drag!!! couldnt wind the drag back down..i took it back to the shop and they sent it of to daiwa f.o.c under warranty.i had it back in a week:thumbs:..

·
The Bush Kangaroo
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it from veals thing is i live in iceland
going to take it apart have a look inside might be nothing

·
Registered
100 Posts
got it from veals thing is i live in iceland
going to take it apart have a look inside might be nothing
i mean it shouldnt be anything major
maybe it could just need some grease.

since you have it apart ANYWAYS, you might as well just brush grease all over the insides. lol

·
The Bush Kangaroo
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well toook it apart on close inspection noticed that 1 of the 2 springs had come of and gone under the cogs no idea how it happened but is fixed know that for the advice guys
tight lines
skippy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts