World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was hoping to take the boat out today but a quick phonecall to swansea coast gaurd changed that plan:schmoll: so a shore mark it was, not quite sure where to fish i gave the barrelreef a ring for advice and end up in porthcawl. had a real pleasent day a slight downpour but manged my first ever turbot on a sandeel bait followed by another 2:) a few pin whiting and a doggi for me just the 1 turbot for mph1954 but a nice day out we fished 3 hours up and then made the long journey home, turbots came on sandeel or macki the doggie took a whole squid

a few pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
good fishing 2 days in a row.congratulations on the turbot as i have'nt had one yet:uhuh: :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hi Wilba -Where were you fishing m8 it looks like the rest bay side of the sker if it was I was fishing a Porthcawl comp and I was on the opposite side of the Sker .
I didnt find any Turbot but Idid manage 4 in size Dogs (and 3 undersize pups and dropped a Ray lifting it out of the water)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
nice one m8 was there any size to the ray and did any ov the other boys in the comp catch much ??
No the ray werent that special but 3 of us had 4 doggies each and needless to say I came third!! so the ray would have made the difference but hey you gotta give the others a chance now and again:):) :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts