World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Shedmeister
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 2 trips to hythe, first a skirmish with a battle group of pin ting and 2 pb lsd's 1lb 9oz and 1lb 12oz.
Second another skirmish with another battle group of pin ting and an lsd . I lost something bigger, rod went nuts and I hooked up. Rod tip firmly banging but I couldn't make any headway without forcing the issue and after 5 minutes or so the inevitable happened and I pulled the hook out. DOH!
3rd trip and the fpo turned it into a family day out, double DOH!
And lastly an afternoon at dunge. Another battle group of pin ting with the high light being watching fair chance coming in and a boat sliding backwards at speed down the beach for launching.
Only 2 months left to get a 2lb plus fish in my first year.
Tight lines all.
Luke

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Hi Luke, nice to see you again.

2lb fish.....tricky! You have to either go for bass or smooth hound. Start fishing at night with head and guts of mackerel or fillet of mackerel or livebait. You'll get one I promise. Shakespear Beach or Dungie by the boils or Denge over HW.

·
The Shedmeister
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Si. Been doing nights for a while now and found it better than days. Using fish baits close in to as far as I can throw them. Will keep at it. Dunge was a case of somewhere to go while stepdaughter 3 and stepgrandson 2 had a day on the beach.

Attachments

·
The Shedmeister
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Luke, nice to see you again.

2lb fish.....tricky! You have to either go for bass or smooth hound. Start fishing at night with head and guts of mackerel or fillet of mackerel or livebait. You'll get one I promise. Shakespear Beach or Dungie by the boils or Denge over HW.
Which of these venues for a smoothy? Had a pup at princes parade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts