World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ventured out with Glassback, Talen, and Shaun last night to a new venue, that, without giving too much away, pushed my nerves to the limit!! It was like Team Extreme, only with 1 "Badger" with a bad back, and a nervous wreck who was wearing mirror like treaded shoes lol.

Anyhows, upon reaching the rock mark, we were all pretty much into doggies straight away. We had aimed for a bit of Ray fishing with a few new species but sadly the raymonds refused to make an apearance, however Shaun, (after his little swim involving a couple of pots - say no more) did hook up with what looked like a cracking ray, but somehow it refused to leave the seabed and TWANG!!!

Malc was continuously hauling up full strings of Macky for bait, strangly, tangling with Shauns line nearly every cast lol.

Just as it turned dark, I had a little bootlace Strap of 4 - 5 lb, closely followed by a bigger Conger of 13lb.

The Doggies continued to be hauled in the whole session, but the highlight of the trip, came to Malc/Talen, when his conger rod went ballistic. After a brief scuffle, we were all suprised when a cracking Pollock of 7.5lb ( I think) was hauled up the cliff.

Glassbacks' Glass Back was giving him some grief, so he went down to one rod, and I even offered to carry his gear as well as mine on the way back up, what a gent hey, anything for our top Engineer ;)
As you can imagine, strangley the Conger rigs all went out with the sight of that beauty lol, but not to be outdone, Malc lobbed a another intended conger bait into the same location, and again, THUMP THUMP!!
This time the intended species was seen rolling and fighting in the water below. Despite a good attempt by Shaun (the mountain goat) the 80lb shocky rubbed the rocks below and he performed the old catch and release method perfectly without touching lol. We estimated the snake to be in the region of 25lb.

In all, a cracking night, a few nice fish, great company as always! A right laugh guys, thanks!!!!

The only bad bit was receiving a call from the wife upon reaching the car (and finally getting signal) saying that my 4 year old had somehow knocked herself out in the living room, the ambulance crew did a thorough job and checked her out, it was very nearly a trip to Derriford, but once I got home, she seemed dazed but ok. Not much sleep as we kept going in to check on her. Today its as if nothing had happened, kids!!!

Pics of the fish to follow ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cracking sesh Mart, nice report. better than me on friday. lets just say i cound have won a blank chequebook and pen. Hope the littluns ok. Mine are always doing stuff like that. My eldest was playing on the bed when she was two jumping on the springs and fell on her back but landed awkward and broke her arm. right in front of me. Still best get it checked out by the experts..

have to get together for a session soon. Bit of reconnisance needed first though..

cheers shaun

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
as promised ,finaly we can give a better catch report,not for me personaly as i lost my lunker in the rocks but we were kept pretty busy for a change,with the aid of 2 ropes we landed at a new & virtualy unfished mark,on the way back malc said to me that i had conquered my vertigo but he didnt realize i did both down & up climbs with my eyes shut :yeah:,would also like to thank them for carrying all my gear back for me as an old war wound had flared up again:clap:.it was nice to get out & do some propper summer fishing without wind,rain or blanking.must do it again.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
cracking report mate, and an enjoyable eve had by all.:clap2:

Great to hear the good outcome for the little one....!!...:clap:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Great pollack (and report). Sounds like quite an adventure :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
my legs are like jelly what a hike thanks for putting up the picturs pete malc
trouble with you boys :wheelchai your not fit like some of the more senior members on here,all 3 of you were knackerd after that climb,where as i just was as fresh as a Daisy,no aches today :bleh:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awsome pics there Pete!!
Close Matt, have been building a new canteen at work for the guys - unfortunately wore all my best jeans whilst doing so lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
nice one...what a pollack:thumbs:..i might have to try the old back trick next time i`m down sillery:clap:
Whats the access to sillery like now, the steps were washed away last I heard. I used to do the low tide run from blacklands regularly as a teenager when I lived in Lynmouth but dont fancy it now I've got kids in tow. Its also a long drive from Falmouth to not be able to get down!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
A decent enough session there chaps..i was a bit worried as malc told me about the climb and i tried ringing a few times but got no answer from any of you.........

Top pictures too pete...just a shame about all of the ugly mushes in them!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Top session chaps.Congrats on the pollock,lovely condition.:clap:Mart,il send some pics to you tonight.
got them thanx m8, u up for this inshore sesh if Mr S Charmer can arrange summin?? all this shore fishing is making me lose my sea legs lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts