World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a 4oz strikeout/breakaway mould. I can find them drilled for wires but they dont appear to have the the indents or slots for beads or rollers - any help appreciated.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
you dont need a special mould and dont need beads or rollers.

cast the lead as normal, put the wires through and fold them back along the lead towards the eye. they should be laying flat as poss alongside the lead.

putting the lead on a flat hard surface [not the kitchen worktop] a peice of steel or concrete floor. make sure one wire is under the lead and one on top. hit the one on top with a hammer until it bedds into the lead. turn the lead and do the same to the other. turning the lead make sure all wires have bedded a groove into the lead.

use pliers to bend the wires out in the area youve dented. the wires will be slack so turn them to the front of the lead and push together to tighten them. once turned back they will clip into the grooves youve made.

i have been using 6oz grips this way for years.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

cast the lead as normal, put the wires through and fold them back along the lead towards the eye. they should be laying flat as poss alongside the lead.

putting the lead on a flat hard surface [not the kitchen worktop] a peice of steel or concrete floor. make sure one wire is under the lead and one on top. hit the one on top with a hammer until it bedds into the lead. tor the lead and do the same to the other. turning the lead make sure all wires have bedded a groove into the lead.

use pliers to bend the wires out in the area youve dented. the wires will be slack so turn them to the front of the lead and push together to ighten them. once turned back they will clip into the grooves youve made.

ta cos i have an adisti mould which when casted the leads are the same this has just solved my problem

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

putting the lead on a flat hard surface [not the kitchen worktop] a peice of steel or concrete floor. make sure one wire is under the lead and one on top. hit the one on top with a hammer until it bedds into the lead. turn the lead and do the same to the other. turning the lead make sure all wires have bedded a groove into the lead.

use pliers to bend the wires out in the area youve dented. the wires will be slack so turn them to the front of the lead and push together to tighten them. once turned back they will clip into the grooves youve made.

Now why didn't I think of that CHEERS:clap2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.