World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Been a bit distracted for a while so haven&#39;t been posting. Still, managed to sneek a few trips in between onerous tasks.

1. Abermawr - spinning for sea trout. Result - nowt.
2. Porthgain - spinning for pollack. Result - nowt.
3. Abermawr - bait fishing for bass/flounder. Result - 1 small flounder to my little mate Lewis.
4. Conger Rock - bait fishing for plaice. Result - 1 dab/1 plaice both undersize.

Has to be said that all of these trips were in a way speculative, particularly 1 + 3. But Conger Rock broke my heart. Had tried it on small tides recently with no joy so tried it on a peak spring tide instead. Conditions looked perfect. Wacking bite first cast on Lewis&#39;s rod. "Wahay" I said, "we&#39;re gonna bag up." A little premature perhaps? It clouded over, started to blow a cold hooley from the north and didn&#39;t get a fish until my final cast (double shot on rag nailed to the bottom with a 7.5 oz lead). Idiot. But when do you give up on a trip? I remain optimistic until the final cast is pulled in, but the rate of return on effort for this trip was just stupid.

Yours feeling-strangely-annoyed-at-myself.

Rhod.
&nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Rhod,
It sounds like you&#39;ve got the same problem as a lot of us, you&#39;re a FISHERMAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

keep at it &#39;til there is no hope... and then have one more cast.

Good on yer.</font>

·
Registered
49 Posts
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (ekyone @ April 19 2004,18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>Rhod,
It sounds like you&#39;ve got the same problem as a lot of us, you&#39;re a FISHERMAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

keep at it &#39;til there is no hope... and then have one more cast.

Good on yer.</font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#000000'>yep, remember that the big cod off swansea earlier this year was only caught ten minutes before they were due to turn for home&#33;</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts