World Sea Fishing Forums banner

41 yrs ago.......

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  ragman 
#1 ·
well lads last week was the anniv of me bringing the cod record to BARRY WALES woooo hoooooo ,..41 yrs
how times have changed ..another5/6 ft on the length of your rod,reels that can wack a bait more than 60 yds......leaders...conservation issues.
just keep on fishin lads/gals,introduce your children,dads ,mums etc to it
cherrs brand:) :) :)

#2 ·
Awright brand, stop going on about this cod of yours, everytime we meet its your cod this your cod that...........WELL IM GETTING SICK OF HEARING ABOUT YOUR BLOODY RECORD COD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL:thumbs: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

WELL DONE MATEY, lets hope in 60 years(hes not that old every1 honest) time ill be on here telling people of how times have changed! and there will be plenty of fish around for our grand children, so they can enjoy this great sport of ours.............and hopefully that record of yours will be beaten ......... BY ME...HA HA HA!:clap2: :clap2:

#6 ·
nice one brand.... i really cant imagine a cod that big...

what did you have it on?? a big bait i guess lol
i think he caught it on herring, im gonna catch me a bigger one tonight, it will be after i get back from fishing and i dose off into sleepy land. still weve all gotta have dreams!!!!

#10 ·
Brand i would be very interested in seeing the picture of the monster Cod that you caught. Put the picture up fella:clap3: :thumbs:

#15 ·
Nice one!:clap3:

What did you use as bait and what sort of fight you have mate?:g:
bait ....herring strip.very small bite then went like stink ,got him up 3 times and onto a slopping ledge,then a guy gaffed it and couldnt move it so 2 guys lifted it up a bit :) higher .....phew

#16 ·
Brand i would be very interested in seeing the picture of the monster Cod that you caught. Put the picture up fella:clap3: :thumbs:
ok lads u have asked for it.............................old camera im afraid
ill go thru my pics in a min

#22 ·
Surprised that no one has asked the obvious question...Did you put him back? Ohh that should get a few reponses!:giveup:
Cracking fish mate, it's a legend around here and the rest of the country too!
Lucky if a comp turns out 44lb of cod collectively nowadays let alone one monster!
Ryan

#23 ·
god was it that long ago:blink: i remember when it was caught made big headlines,and rightly so ,also remember seeing bass of around 5 to 6 lbs feeding and jumping at the lock gates at cardiff docks,catching roach at the old timber float at docks, and sessions of catching multitudes of pouting on the foreshore all good size, and catching a cod with every cast in winter down there as well, etc. etc. ahh those were the days, memories:) well done brand cant see that record ever being broken, but who knows!!:notworthy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.