World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

my susuki dt4 has died :giveup:

looking for a new one, same size but 4 stroke and was looking for a good deal. the local guys don't have a lot of competition so are not keen to cut a deal.

Anderson Marine has quoted £570 for a yam and that's the best i can find so far.

any ideas :secret: :clap2:

T

·
0 Posts
Suzuki still have their deal on the 4stroke 4Hp.

RRP£699

Deal price from any Suzuki dealer is £499 inc VAT.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Isn't there a Suzuki dealer in Greenock Dale?

T

·
0 Posts
....You could possibly get one delivered to a convenient address, assuming you ordered it from a Suzuki dealer and they PDi'd it for you I can't see any issue.

T

·
0 Posts
Push hard enough and you should get 10% off from any dealer....
That would match the Yamaha price.

Alternatively, fit an adjustable outboard bracket and a short shaft and you'll still be quids in...

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Alternatively, fit an adjustable outboard bracket and a short shaft and you'll still be quids in...

Short shaft 4hp will be easier to resell if you want to as well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi Dale, have you thought of a Tohatsu? damm good engines.
Looking here a 4 stoke 4hp is £610.

If you give Tommy Case a ring at Ardwell Marine he's always good to do a deal, I'm sure you'll get it a good bit cheaper than £610.

And you've got a good reason to take the boat down the Rhins to get the engine fitted LOL

T

·
0 Posts
The Tohatsu's are good engines, but come with a dreadful reputation (I don't know why and can't justify it apart from maybe that they and the Selva look rather naff... daft I know).
If you do invest in a Tohatsu rather than a "branded" 4 stroke expect to keep it for the duration of it's life as it will be worth almost nothing second hand.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Dale, have you thought of a Tohatsu? damm good engines.
Looking here a 4 stoke 4hp is £610.

If you give Tommy Case a ring at Ardwell Marine he's always good to do a deal, I'm sure you'll get it a good bit cheaper than £610.

And you've got a good reason to take the boat down the Rhins to get the engine fitted LOL
John
i had a look at the Tohatsu but at that price i could buy any of the more well known manufacturers.
as far as Tommy Case at Ardwell is concerned i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. couple of my mates have purchased boats and he told downright lies to them.
example. one had a duff battery, he told him it would be changed, 3 months later it went dud again turns out to be the same battery. he didn't want to know.
he told another he would fully service an engine before purchase. guy didn't know much about boats. he didn't and how do i know. i was the last owner of the boat which i sold to trade earlier. disgraceful.

T

·
0 Posts
Dale

Please can we clarify if we are talking about me or someone else here!?

If it is me, I would like to know who I have told incorrect info to so that I can try and make amends.....

A somewhat shocked
Tom

C

·
0 Posts
John
i had a look at the Tohatsu but at that price i could buy any of the more well known manufacturers.
as far as Tom is concerned i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. couple of my mates have purchased boats and he told downright lies to them.
example. one had a duff battery, he told him it would be changed, 3 months later it went dud again turns out to be the same battery. he didn't want to know.
he told another he would fully service an engine before purchase. guy didn't know much about boats. he didn't and how do i know. i was the last owner of the boat which i sold to trade earlier. disgraceful.
Dale

Please can we clarify if we are talking about me or someone else here!?

If it is me, I would like to know who I have told incorrect info to so that I can try and make amends.....

A somewhat shocked
Tom
I am sure he does not mean you Tom. He is in Scotland, and I am sure that you would not do such a thing anyway:unsure: , but I agree it does need clarifying. Just coincidence that you posted consecutively I think:)

T

·
0 Posts
Few

Thanks for clearing that up Dale.
If do screw it up (I have done once or twice) I try my very best to make amends so was very surprised to see your comments.

Cheers
Tom BETTLE

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well Dale thats a suprise to me.
I've had a couple of engines from him, for boats I bought to move on. I haven't heard back from the purchasers anything but good either.

When I'm up at Drummore I'm always bringing engines and equipment back for people over here, can't say I've had a bad deal from him at all.

Like you, you can only tell it as you've found it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts