World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another forum that a guy has set himself a target of 50 cod for this season.

Well now its my target as well.

Start date tomorrow----i,m going to log everything i catch this season.

Mick.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
good luck mick hope ya do it your mate won't hehe

·
Registered
287 Posts
Theres a few lads do it on the whitby one every year mate, good luck, would be happy with 1.lol

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Between now and christmas I'd be perfectly happy with just the one, as long as it is half decent and comes on November 29th when I'll be up for the weekend visiting the folks and partaking in the Seaham Open :fish:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Is that all Mick!! Bloody hell man, up the stakes & go for it :busted_co:):)
Yeah bob this is possible down whitby way where the challenge come from i had about 20 fish in 4 sesssion down there last year. Steetley now a no go cars and your own safety glad i made the chioce last year and went back to me roots waders ruck sack tripod and along crappr walk, Well i'll go for 50 uptiding got the warrior arriving smelling all new and crisp from about the 1 st week in oct a tad delayed due to the bank.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve i must admit i have really enjoyed fishing from the beach on my last few trips.
You have to service/clean the reel when you get in as the sand gets everywhere but it is still really enjoyable.
Instead of steetly all the time think i will try a few beach marks this season.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
I grew up fishing the Durham beaches - Horden, The Blast, the Chems back in the day of the heap. Caught my share of cod but never managed 50 in a year, and as a young lad in college I used to fish loads.

This April just gone I had my first ever trip to Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast. Fantstic cod venue - we hit it wrong and I still managed five and lost a few more. There were lads catching 20+ cod in a session there between 3 and 5lb. So if you are struggling come the spring that is where to go. One word of warning though - the walk is a killer. Three miles along the shingle with all your kit, if you need to lose a bit of weight forget the gym and head for Suffolk :wiggle:

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
I aint setting a target,as I know I would fail........
Instead,I am just going to be happy with whatever I catch,afterall,it is a bloomin big puddle to chuck a bait into innit !!?...........

·
Registered
51 Posts
:fish:i am hoping to get one big fat double figure cod ! only kidding i will end up with a couple around 4 or 5 lb like normal lol, just gonna enjoy being out and about:wiggle:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That was my challenge last year-a doubler.

So its my reserve callenge for this year.

Saw a doubler caught once off the heugh-lad next to me-took a small lug worm on a top hook and ignored the big bait on the bottom. And i seen the bite.

Mick.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
This April just gone I had my first ever trip to Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast. Fantstic cod venue - we hit it wrong and I still managed five and lost a few more. There were lads catching 20+ cod in a session there between 3 and 5lb. So if you are struggling come the spring that is where to go. One word of warning though - the walk is a killer. Three miles along the shingle with all your kit, if you need to lose a bit of weight forget the gym and head for Suffolk :wiggle:
50 in a year? I had 46 in one week last spring, averaged just short of 3 sizeable an hour over a few sessions. How I hate living in Suffolk!

Oh, and most of them weren't caught from Aldeburgh or Orford.

·
Registered
680 Posts
50 in a year? I had 46 in one week last spring, averaged just short of 3 sizeable an hour over a few sessions. How I hate living in Suffolk!

Oh, and most of them weren't caught from Aldeburgh or Orford.
I had 41 codling in 1 session on the west peir whitby that was back in 1987 the fish just used to run you out of bait 87 that was a massive year for cod between 1 -3lb to blank that winter was rare people fishing whitby beach even as early as this mid september were hammering the cod in the dark it an incredible winter for cod.

paul.

·
Registered
96 Posts
wow good luck i hope you do it i would be happy with 1 i aint caught 1 worth bragging about yet so i am still hoping please keep us posted on you cod mission

andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts